1 Hotel South Beach
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Host/ess - Sandbox Part-Time
at 1 Hotel South Beach
About 1 Hotels
As a luxury lifestyle hotel brand inspired by nature, 1 Hotels cultivates the best of eco-conscious design and sustainable architecture, together with extraordinary comfort and an unrivaled level of service. 1 Hotels launched in 2015 with the opening of exclusive properties in Miami’s South Beach and Manhattan’s Central Park. 1 Hotel Brooklyn Bridge, which opened in February 2017, is the first ground-up build, flagship property for 1 Hotels in Dumbo’s Brooklyn Bridge Park. All 1 Hotels properties are inspired by a simple idea: those that travel the world also care about it. 1 Hotels upholds this vision by channeling nature through design and culinary partnerships, while connecting with the local community and taking sustainable steps to make a big difference.
1 IS ABOUT NATURE - Sustainability and Conservation at 1 Hotels at South Beach
Our goal is to celebrate all that is beautiful, natural and pure ---- and inspire us to live a more natural life. We want 1 Hotels to be the experience that encourages people to live well, do better, and connect with our environment, ourselves and others in a deeper, richer way. We are minimizing the impact to our environment in many different areas. There is no use for plastic bottles because we have triple filtered water for our guests. With sustainability and conservation in mind, 1 Hotels South Beach was built using sustainably harvested beetle kill pine. Our clothes hangers are made out of recycled paper with soy based ink. We focus on being more than a brand, but a cause.
Additional information can be found at www.1hotels.com.
You will be working at our incredible Sandbox South Beach. We are looking for someone that enjoys being with and helping our guests have a 5 STAR experience. Our Host/Hostess is responsible for greeting and escorting guests to tables, ensuring warm, caring, accommodating and knowledgeable service be provided to all guests.
• Thorough conversational knowledge of menus
• Take reservations and conduct confirmation calls
• Manage and monitor said reservations
• Greet, escort, and seat guests as necessary
• Make contact with every guest and obtain name
• Detail every menu before each meal period
The ideal candidate will have previous Host/Hostess or Maître d experience, has excellent people and communication skills, and exudes an upbeat, positive, and professional presence. Multi-lingual, with a focus on Spanish, is preferred.
Some benefits of working with us at 1 Hotels South Beach
Our culture is caring and thoughtful, and we deliver good-natured and informed service, perfectly executed to evoke a sense of fulfillment and well-being. As a part of our team, you can look forward to activities that drive your passion for nature such as:
• Retirement planning - a great 401(k)/retirement savings plan
• Paid Time Off, Holidays (Earth Day is a holiday)
• Annual 8 hours paid to volunteer & hotel organized volunteer opportunities
• Wellness is important - competitive healthcare benefits & delicious, healthy meals - which are free
• Sustainable, beautiful and inspiring work environment - You see and feel nature everywhere in the hotel
• We encourage walking along the beach before or after work as a way to take in the exceptional beauty of our beaches and ocean
• Educational reimbursement
We are dedicated to…..
Maintaining and encouraging a culture of sustainability by hiring, training and leading to support team and guest facing initiatives and practices.
Building and maintaining a sustainability focused culture and execute initiatives to enliven this culture such as paper friendly practices, less than tokens, and ensuring team members are fluent in sustainable amenities and features."