Adams County Government
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Community Support Associate - Temporary
at Adams County Government
- What Success Looks Like In This Job
We are seeking detail oriented team members, that can remain focused and on task while working in a high volume, fast paced ever changing professional environment. This team member would be primarily responsible to manage the PEAK downloads from the Colorado Benefit Management System (CBMS) to the Adams County business management system, HSConnects. These team members will also be responsible to maintain the review queue of HSConnects to ensure our customers receive timely processing of any change, application, or redetermination they provide. Other possible opportunities for this team member are described below. This is any entry level position that provides an opportunity for the right person to become a member of the most innovative county in Colorado. Adams County provides many opportunities to grow in knowledge and leadership ability.
- Examples of Duties for Success
- Transfer electronic documents from the CBMS to HSConnects.
- Provide general clerical support such as data entry, copying documents, electronic filing, and correlating information packets for customers.
- Maintain the HSConnects Review queue to determine the appropriate HSConnects team assignment.
- Understanding and utilizing rules and regulations, client rights and responsibilities, available benefit dates, and the reason for approval or denial.
- Reviewing applications, re-determinations, and verifications for completeness and determining if there is a need for a face-to-face interview.
- Schedule/reschedule interview appointments for phone or face to face interviews in accordance with program regulations.
- Assisting clients with application completion when needed.
- Maintaining accurate and detailed logs and entering case comments into our system every time a case is touched.
- Complete cross-training to provide coverage to the Ambassador's/PEAK Station.
- Make appropriate referrals to other resources including other departments and Community Partners
- Referring clients to PEAK to check benefit information when appropriate.
- Receive documents from customers, date stamp, issue official receipt, and ensure that data is delivered appropriately and timely.
- Clearly and correctly explain relevant program eligibility requirements to clients.
- Maintain return mail from Data Operations for customers to pick up. Purges unclaimed mail monthly.
- Managing and resolving customer complaints/issues or escalating when the matter requires it.
- Assists customers in obtaining and replacing EBT cards, and referring them to the EBT window.
- Participating in regular meetings with supervisor related to performance, county norms and values, and SMART goals.
- Participating in monthly unit and other group meetings as requested.
- Providing reports, statistics, and information to supervisor as requested to assess achievements, areas of concern, and priorities.
- Attending mandatory and developmental training classes as identified with supervisor.
- Performing other related duties and responsibilities as required.
- Qualifications for Success
- Eligibility rules and regulations for assistance programs pertaining to processing guidelines.
- Office policies and procedures.
- Customer Service
- Data Entry skills, input data accurately and detect errors/make corrections.
- Skilled to defuse angry or hostile clients.
- Bilingual preferred, but not necessary. Would be compensated for ability upon successful completion of required testing.
- Read, interpret, and apply processing guidelines as noted above.
- Communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Develop and maintain working relationships with internal and external customers.
- Ability to adapt to multi-cultural diversity.
- Due to the high volume of work, must have the ability to prioritize daily responsibilities and assignments, ability to work under pressure and to multi task.
- Ability to use standard office equipment.
- Utilize the Microsoft Office products, including WORD and EXCEL, as well as learn various computer software applications.
- Work independently as a team member.
- Research, organize, and prioritize the workload through sound decision and judgment.
- To adapt to change.
- Work in a typical office environment, with minimum of 8 hours of computer work each day.
- Stand for lengthy periods of time when working the Ambassador's/PEAK station.
- Minimal lifting may be required, such as paper boxes to fill printers/copiers.
- More Qualifications for Success
- Experience: One year full time responsible office clerical or extensive public contact experience.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Satisfactory completion of any Degree in business, behavioral science, or another appropriately related field may substitute for the required experience on a year for year basis.
Background Check: Must pass a criminal background check.