Children's Bureau of Southern California
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Child Development Educator (2 openings)
at Children's Bureau of Southern California
Sunrise Center (Lancaster)
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment
- Must have at least 12 ECE units satisfactorily completed
- Must have High School Diploma or equivalent
- Must have 1-3 years experience working with young children
- Must be bi-lingual (english/spanish)
- Must be comfortable working with children, and implementing various activities as directed by the teacher
REPORTS TO: Program Supervisor I
Under direct supervision, the Child Development Educator will support and implement a 0-5 years school readiness program and may facilitate the NuParent Program.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Implement Creative Curriculum in School Readiness Program for children ages 0-5
- Assist teachers and parents to increase the parents use of developmentally appropriate learning activities\s and school readiness activities
- Work closely with children to make developmental progress in all 5 domains of school readiness including physical, social and emotional, approaches to learning, language and cognition, and general knowledge
- Participate in and help facilitate school readiness events, trainings, and workshops
- Become an integral part of a cohesive Early Childhood Education team.
- Facilitates the NuParent program as requested.
- Maintains confidentiality in matters of agency operations, personnel, and clients.
- Maintains positive communications with all agency staff, clients, and visitors.
- Exercise good judgment in performance of duties and responsibilities.
- Supports existing agency policies, principles and mission.
- Other related duties as assigned.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS :
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to sit and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
If you wish to submit a resume only, please click here: