Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Memory Specialist, Bilingual
at Alzheimer's Association
Bilingual Memory Specialist (Spanish/English)
The mission of the Alzheimer’s Association, Massachusetts/New Hampshire Chapter is to eliminate Alzheimer’s disease through the advancement of research, to provide and enhance care and support for all affected, and to reduce the risk of dementia through the promotion of brain health. Founded in 1980, the Association operates out of its main office in Waltham, MA, with regional offices in Springfield, Worcester, and Raynham, MA, as well as Bedford NH. The MA/NH Chapter is a founding chapter of the national Alzheimer’s Association.
Reporting to the Program Manager; Dementia Care Coordination and Direct Referral, the Memory Specialist is part of the Family Services team and provides care consultation to families living with Alzheimer's disease and other dementias. Care Consultation helps families develop an understanding of a dementia diagnosis, creates a plan to support the person living with memory loss, identifies available resources and develops strategies for best possible symptom management and communication.
Core Job Responsibilities:
- Provide education, guidance and support to families on issues related to Alzheimer’s disease in person, phone and/or email, as needed, including providing timely:
- Documenting to detail constituent information and consultation provided in Personify, Association’s confidential CRM (constituent relationship management) system in order to assure accurate measure for the Association’s Programs & Services
- Writing individualized care plans, as follow-up to all Level 2 Care Consultations
- Preparing written feedback form to referring healthcare providers, when indicated
- Following up with constituent, when indicated
- Remain knowledgeable and current in information related to Alzheimer’s disease and related dementias, as well as national, state and local initiatives that affect the targeted population
- Support the broader services offered through the Family Services Department that comprise the overall family care effort, including:
- Supporting Helpline program by providing Information & Referral level of service for those constituent who may not require a Care Consultation
- Assisting with training for future Family Services volunteers and staff
- Assisting Helpline and Family Services Volunteers
- Collaborating with Operations Department and additional Family Services Department staff in maintenance community-based resource information
- Delivering family education programs and support groups upon request
- Provide the following support for the Dementia Care Coordination Program by being responsible assigned partnerships are:
- Maintaining referral numbers through Personify data entry and tracking
- Assisting in data collection for outcomes evaluations
- Communicating issues with partnerships with Manager, Dementia Care Coordination
- Remaining available for relationship building and education for primary partners as needed/requested
Key Educational/Professional Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree in social work, counseling or related field preferred, with experience in field of aging or dementia, or bachelor’s degree in unrelated field with at least two years’ of direct aging and/or dementia experience, or equivalent social services/dementia-related experience. State Social work licensure, Certified Dementia Practitioner certification, Master’s degree in social work, preferred
- Must be bilingual - English and Spanish
- Excellent interpersonal and verbal/written communication skills
- Demonstrated success working in volunteer-led programs, with experience in recruitment, training, engagement, and supervision of volunteers
- Strong organization skills and proficiency in maintaining systems and procedures
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Google Apps
- Ability to analyze information and make timely, appropriate decisions
This position description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the jobholder. S/he will be required to follow any other duties as requested by his/her supervisor or manager. This is not meant to be an exhaustive list of job duties. Essential job functions may change when necessary.
Compensation and benefits are competitive.