Arizona Humane Society
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Thrift Store Driver
at Arizona Humane Society
Every pet deserves a good life. We save the most vulnerable animals and enrich the lives of pets and people. Our mission is made possible with the hard work of our valued employees. We offer a friendly, professional work environment with a culture that promotes innovation, compassion and excellence.
Thrift Store Driver
Provide vehicle transportation of in-home donated goods from AHS donors. These items will include large pieces of furniture and boxes of home goods. Drivers will also transport donated dog food from various sources. Continuous driving throughout Maricopa County picking up in-kind donations and transporting them to one of our three thrift stores for resale. Constant heavy lifting. Tues-Sat 7am-3pm.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Pick up, transport and deliver donated items including large furniture to our Thrift Store locations and/or AHS Warehouse.
- Provide outstanding customer experience to our wonderful donors and take the utmost care with their donations.
- Practice "Excellent Experience Every Time" and be a positive representative of AHS.
- Lift large, bulky and heavy items on a daily basis.
- Drive safely and maintain off-site vehicle and equipment.
- Handle equipment, donations and services properly and while adhering to all driving laws.
- Provide additional assistance to Shelter and Field Operations personnel as needed, including delivery of deposits to bank, delivery of mail, and delivery of supplies.
- Other duties as assigned.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Education / Certifications / Licenses:
- High school diploma OR
- Six months to one year prior work experience preferred.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Must be able to lift 75 pounds unassisted to a height of 4 feet.
- Must possess excellent customer service skills.
Knowledge / Skills / Abilities:
Language Able to speak, read and write English and complete paperwork accurately and legibly; Spanish language helpful
Mathematical Ability to perform basic mathematical skills.
Technical Able to learn software programs as necessary.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
Valid Driver's License AND an acceptable driving record.
Regular attendance, punctuality and access to reliable transportation required.
Work Environment / Physical Demands:
The work environment characteristics and physical demands described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of the job. There may be occasional wet floors, animal noises, odors, and dander. Most time will be spent in a typical air conditioned and heated office environment.
The Arizona Humane Society is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a participant in the E-Verify program. Pre-employment background check and drug screening required.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.