Arizona Humane Society
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
VP of Finance and Chief Financial Officer
at Arizona Humane Society
POSITION SUMMARY: Serve as VP of Finance and Chief Financial Officer under the direction of the President & CEO and, indirectly, of the Finance Committee of the Board of Directors. Oversee the financial affairs of AHS. Serve as influential leader and drive positive results in the entire organization, with direct leadership over Accounting and Finance, Information Technology, Data Management, Purchasing, and Facilities & Maintenance. Manage all financial business of AHS and provide financial advice and guidance to President & CEO. Provide timely financial information to management staff as needed.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide and present accurate and timely financial information to managers, President & CEO and Board of Directors.
- Manage the budgeting process to ensure alignment with strategic plan initiatives. Develop key measurements and guidelines used by directors and managers in budget preparation. Assist in the preparation of budget reports, analysis and presentations.
- Participate in and contribute to annual strategic planning and other leadership initiatives.
- Develop, implement and monitor financial accounting controls and procedures.
- Provide other analysis and ad hoc reporting as requested.
- Coordinate the annual financial audit and oversee audit preparation including providing supporting schedules, memos and balance calculations as needed.
- Review year-end financial statements and footnotes. Serveas liaison between AHS and independent auditor(s) as well as professional services relating to cash and investments of AHS.
- Oversee the administration and financial reporting of the organization's 401K Plan.
- Administer AHS liability insurance programs and assist HR in selection of benefits packages.
- Oversee operations of Information Technology, Purchasing, Data Management and Facilities & Maintenance in addition to Accounting and Finance.
- Regularly evaluate practices, procedures and results of departments overseen to make improvements.
- Other duties as assigned.
- CPA required.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, MBA or MS in related field desired.
- At least eight years' experience in an accounting or financial leadership position.
- Ability to effectively communicate with staff, volunteers and board members.
- Extensive knowledge and familiarity with accounting systems and procedures.
- Must be bondable.
- Must be knowledgeable in not-for-profit accounting practices.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience working for a nonprofit, ideally in animal welfare highly desirable.
Language Skills: Able to speak, read and write English; Spanish language helpful.
Mathematical Skills: Ability to perform advanced accounting tasks including developing budgets, payroll and estimating costs.
Computer Skills: Proficiency with Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Outlook and Windows Explorer; able to learn other software programs as necessary. Advanced skills in Excel.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: Valid Driver's License.
Other Skills, Abilities and Qualifications: Regular attendance is required. Access to reliable transportation.
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, walk, sit, use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls, reach with hands and arms, climb stairs, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work Environment: There will be exposure to dust, heat, cold and temperature changes; occasional wet floors, and animal noises, odors and dander. Most time will be spent in a typical air conditioned and heated office environment.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.