PSA Behavioral Health Agency
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Artistic Behavioral Health Specialist
at PSA Behavioral Health Agency
Aid in the provision of direct services and with the coordination of behavioral health rehabilitation services for clients enrolled in the agency's residential treatment programs. The employee’s primary duty requires knowledge of behavioral health practices which includes a prolonged course of special intellectual instruction.
- A prime characteristic of the position is that the employee applies his or her special knowledge or talents with discretion and judgment (involves evaluating and deciding on possible course of conduct).
- Help plan, organize and conduct therapy, social, recreation and/or support groups as assigned by supervisors.
- Provide emergency face to face counseling and/or crisis intervention as needed to avert or in response to client relapse.
- Help to develop and maintain effective working relationships with community agencies, case managers and clinical teams.
- Assist clients in pursuing realistic treatment goals.
- Maintain information on community resources for client assistance and support.
- Attend supervision and training to attain the amount of hours as required by state licensing standards.
- Conduct and document continuing assessments of client functioning.
- Maintain client records, treatment statistics and other documentation according to agency standards.
- Monitor medications held on behalf of program clients.
- Participate in oversight of the health, safety and welfare of clients in the program.
- Provide basic living skills training to clients and monitor their ability to function independently.
- Works assigned hours and shifts
- Provide back up to other residential staff as needed and/or as assigned.
- Other duties as negotiated.
- High School Diploma or (GED) with 18 credit hours of post-high school education in a field related to behavioral health completed no more than four years before the date the individual begins providing behavioral health services.
- High School Diploma or (GED) with two years' supervised counseling experience with the client population in a mental health center setting or any equivalent combination of education and experience. Supervision must be documented and provided in advance of hire.
- Combination of Education and experience to be effective in a position that is predominantly intellectual in character.
- Bilingual preferred but not required.
- Current and valid certification in first aid and cardiopulmonary resuscitation and valid driver’s license.
- Five-year MVD Report that meets the agency’s auto insurance carriers coverage requirements
- Behavioral health assessment and rehabilitation.
- Principles and methods of psychosocial rehabilitation.
- Special needs and characteristics of the client population.
- Counseling principles and methods.
- Methods used to prevent violent behavior or behavior harmful to the client or others.
- How to provide behavior management in crisis situations.
- Common side effects, reactions and interactions of medications commonly used by the client population.
- Where to access resources for assistance.
- How to document client activities and progress according to accepted professional and agency standards.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Group process and group facilitation.
- Provision of recreational and social activities, life skills training and/or milieu activities.
- Can promote client responsibility, mastery and to recognize symptom exacerbation.
- Creative, energetic, flexible and to serve as a healthy role model for clients.
· Ability to provide behavior management and activity supervision Physical Requirements
Must be able to lift and carry boxes/packages up to 50 pounds as needed. Must be able to push and pull file cabinet/desk drawers open and closed daily
Must be able to retrieve items/supplies on overhead shelves and bend/stoop to reach files, supplies and items located in bottom cabinets. Occasionally drives to and from Community Houses and agency sites.
Manual dexterity sufficient to use calculator, telephone, keyboard and various office machines on a daily basis and be able to write. Must be able to communicate both in person and on the telephone, enter information on the computer and read various instructions. Be able to read numbers, reports, and computer terminals.
Must be able to analyze many variables and choose the most effective course of action. Personal maturity is an important attribute. Must be able to resolve problems, handle conflict and make effective decisions under pressure. Ability to give, receive, and analyze information, prepare written materials, and articulate goals and action plans. Ability to do simple math calculations, input data into the computer, and analyze data
Equipment to Be Used
Must be able to use computer and other office machines such as fax, calculator, telephone, copy machine, etc.
Employee/Candidate Signature Date