Balsz Elementary School District #31
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Special Education Paraprofessional
at Balsz Elementary School District #31
- Special Education Paraprofessional JobID: 236
- Position Type:
50 Campus Support Staff/Instructional Assistant
- Date Posted:
All Balsz School District Campuses
- Date Available:
ASAP Additional Information: Show/Hide
- High School Graduate or equivalent
- One or more of the following:
- Passage of an approved proficiency exam (i.e. ParaPro, WorkKeys)
- 60 credit hours of higher education
- Associates degree or higher.
- First aid and CPR certification (required to have within 30 days of employment).
- Bilingual in English and Spanish (oral, reading and writing) preferred.
- Excellent work attendance record.
- Experience working with children.
- Ability to work with students one-on-one, in small groups and with the entire class.
- Relates to student, parents and staff in a positive manner.
- Be able to stand for long periods of time, walk between classrooms, bend working with students at low tables and low chairs, and sit on the floor with the students for activities.
- Be able to perform playground or cafeteria duty all school days for 15-60 minutes.
- Maintain confidentiality regarding student and student’s family.
- Good clerical and general office skills.
- Adapts classroom work/homework under the direction of the teacher for the purpose of providing a method to support and/or reinforce classroom objectives.
- Administers tests, homework, make-up work, etc. for the purpose of assisting teacher in evaluating students’ progress and/or recognizing the individual needs of the student.
- Administers first aid and medical assistance (e.g. tube feeding to students, toileting, etc.) for the purpose of providing appropriate care for ill, medically fragile and/or injured children.
- Assists teachers and parents for the purpose of implementing lesson plans and/or developing students’ daily living and behavioral skills.
- Confers with teachers and/or appropriate personnel for the purpose of assisting in evaluation of students’ progress and/or implementing students’ IEP objectives.
- Maintains classroom equipment, students’ files/records as pertains to special education files/records for the purpose of ensuring a safe and appropriate learning environment.
- Monitors individual students, classroom and/or playground activities for the purpose of maintaining a safe and positive learning environment.
- Participates in various meetings for the purpose of sharing information and/or improving skills/knowledge.
- Performs record keeping and basic clerical functions (e.g. scheduling, copying, etc.) for the purpose of supporting the teacher in maintaining student files and providing classroom materials.
- Responds to emergency situations (e.g. injured student, fights, etc.) for the purpose of resolving immediate safety concerns.
- Assists in accomplishing school goals.
- Any other duties as assigned.
Job Title: Instructional Assistant III (Pre-School and Special Ed. Self Contained)
Salary: Classified Salary Schedule Grade 8
FLSA Status: Non-exempt
Reports to: Classroom Teacher and/or Principal and/or Assistant Principal.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is continuously required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 20 pounds and occasionally lift/or move up to 30 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
How to Apply:
Applications can be obtained from the Balsz School District office via a website at www.balsz.org. District employees applying for this position are required to submit an application on the website.
The information contained in this job description is for compliance with the American with Disabilities Act (A.D.A.) and isn’t an exhaustive list of duties performed for this position. Balsz is an Equal Opportunity Employer.