Child & Family Support Services
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Child & Family Support Services
- Job ID
- Regular Full-Time
- Behavioral Health/ Social Work
Child & Family Support Services (CFSS) is Seeking an individual with mental health clinical training and experience to implement Multisystemic Therapy (MST). MST is a well-researched community-based treatment model directed at youth involved in criminal activity and their families. Interested persons may locate information about this treatment model on the internet at www.mstservices.com.
If you are looking for a job where you can truly make a difference each day by helping a young person maintain in the community and recognize their potential, consider working as a MST Therapist.
Job responsibilities include:
- Duties include assessment, treatment, and collaboration with families, youth, and community agency staff.
- Therapist will function as part of an MST team and will participate in weekly team supervision and consultation.
- Must be available to provide periodic on-call 24-hour coverage
- This position requires a true mind-set of service delivery and creativity. This is a not supervisory position, and involves working directly with children and families. Majority of time is spent in homes and the community rather than in an office setting.
- Providing ongoing case management; coordinating behavioral health services, medical care, education, placement, finances, and socialization services to children and families with intense/complex needs. (*relationship focused)
- Collaborating with family, team members to create support plans that accurately capture the strengths, needs and culture of the family. (*community and culturally connected)
- Facilitating CFT meetings; establishing an agenda, setting and maintaining a strength based meeting environment, staying within timeframes, giving all team participants the opportunity to contribute, holding people accountable for their commitments and the ability to assist a team in developing a consensus for children and families. (*individually tailored)
- Assisting young people and families in securing needed community resources and linkages to other services. Helping families to identify natural and informal supports. (*action oriented)
- Interacting professionally with other stakeholders: Division of Child Safety (DCS), Division of Developmental Disabilities (DDD), juvenile probation, Direct Service Providers (DSP), etc. (*count on me teammate)
- Other duties as assigned
*represents a CFSS Core Competency
- Specific experience in Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy, Structural Family Therapy, Strategic Family Therapy and behaviorally-based treatments preferred.
- Master’s in a mental health field preferred; Bachelor’s with extensive experience will be considered.
- Bilingual (Spanish) preferred.
- Reliable transportation is required, including proof of insurance and an acceptable driving record.
- Candidates are required to submit a negative substance abuse test and be able to obtain fingerprint and criminal history background clearance. CPR, First Aid, and Therapeutic Crisis Intervention are required trainings that are provided by the agency.
- Must be 21 years or older.
We offer a full benefits package to all full-time employees, including:
- Medical insurance
- Dental insurance
- Life and disability insurance
- Vision insurance
- 401k contribution match
- Paid time off and sick time
- Paid holidays
- Cell phone stipend
- Mileage reimbursement
Child & Family Support Services was founded in 2003 with the idea that the best environment for children and young adults is with their families and in their own communities. We have committed ourselves to developing in-home and community support that is unique and individualized. Youth support refers to support services such as mentoring, role-modeling, behavior coaching, living skills training, personal care, and family support tailored to the strengths and needs of the families we serve. We specialize in partnering with families to build effective relationships and to inspire hope for a positive future.
Please visit www.cfss.com for more information.