Child Crisis Arizona
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Bilingual - Education Specialist (27622)
at Child Crisis Arizona
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 27622
Office Refugee Resettlement - Phoenix, AZ
Nonprofit - Social Services
- Facilitates the development of educational enrichment and support for children in care.
- Completes comprehensive educational and developmental screenings as necessary.
- Maintains daily duties related to the educational and developmental needs of children in care.
- Develops and implements a curriculum for the preschool program including gross motor, fine motor, and cognitive activities in a child-oriented environment.
- Assists in the development and implementation of Toddler individualized and group developmental goals.
- Participates and contributes to ongoing information regarding each child’s cognitive and behavioral developmental needs.
- In coordination with Education Lead, plans and implements Preschool enrichment outings.
- Coordinates daily coverage for staff and volunteers regarding participation in the preschool program.
- Provides guidance to Youth Care Workers related to their duties in the preschool classroom.
- Oversees the volunteers assigned to the tutoring program.
- Meets with teachers, maintains appropriate contact with other agency staff and team members, participates and attends IEP’s to ensure the success of children in the educational setting.
- Participates in ongoing professional education specifically related to the effects of child abuse and neglect upon children as assigned.
- Maintains records and provide monthly and quarterly tutor statistics as required.
- Facilitates Life Skills classes.
- Coordinates life skills classes for school ages children.
- Keeps Education Lead informed of critical concerns and requests assistance as appropriate.
- Models Center’s expectation for sensitivity and competency relating to diversity and cultural awareness.
- Must have a High School Diploma.
- Must possess 2 years’ experience with children in an educational setting.
- Bi-lingual required.
- Must be able to display verbal and written communication skills that meet the requirements of the position and needs of clients.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and be able to be added to the Agency’s vehicle insurance policy.
- Must be able to lift and carry 50 pounds.
- Computer experience in a Windows environment required.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!