Child Crisis Arizona
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Bilingual - Youth Care Worker - AM & PM (27871)
at Child Crisis Arizona
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 27871
Office Refugee Resettlement - Phoenix, AZ
Nonprofit - Social Services
- Maintains safety, security and supervision at all times by providing direct line of site of children.
- Establishes and maintains positive relationships with all children in care and reinforces concepts presented in class and groups. .
- Provide oversight and appropriate interaction with children during recreation, mealtime, relaxing time, and play.
- Assist during transition and movement of children from one activity to the next and one physical location to another
- Maintain the Child’s case file and ORR Database in accordance with ORR policies and procedures.
- Establishes and maintains positive and professional relationships with Agency staff, and outside Agency contacts.
- Attends and participates in Agency related meetings and trainings as appropriate.
- Assists with admission and discharges children as per Agency policies under the direction and supervision of a Shift Supervisor or Case Manager.
- Completes documentation as required
- Charts on-going observations of children’s behaviors.
- Reports all emergencies, concerns of children and building needs to the appropriate parties.
- Follows all Behavior management, protocols, and procedures.
- Completes housekeeping duties as assigned.
- Assists in the preparation, documentation and serving of meals and snacks.
- Responsible for daily routines.
- Participates in classes and groups with children as appropriate.
- Physical demands are frequently utilized on a routine and ongoing basis, employee will engage in any and all activities with children in their care including but not limited to:
- Walking, jumping, running, bending, stooping, playing, sitting, swimming, climbing.
- Off site activities that may include sporting events, fairs, the zoo, concerts, movies and shows.
- Models Center’s expectation for sensitivity and competency relating to diversity and cultural awareness.
- Education must consist of a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Must have at least 1-year experience supervising, nurturing / caring / meeting basic needs for children (other than your own).
- Must have valid Arizona Driver’s license, exhibit the ability to operate Agency vans and/or vehicles safely and be able to be added to Agency auto policy.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Must be able to lift and carry at least 50 pounds.
- Must be able to display verbal and written communication skills that meet the requirements of the position and needs of clients.
- Must maintain all Agency and licensing training and certification requirements.
- Must have computer knowledge / proficiency such that log notes can been entered as required.
- Must have experience in word processing in a Windows environment.
- English /Spanish bilingual capabilities required.
- Strong verbal communication skills with the effective use of tone and words
- Excellent organization skills with attention to detail
- Time management skills and ability to meet deadlines
- Demonstrate the ability to establish trust and a positive rapport with service population
- Strong writing skills with proficient use of Word, Excel, and Outlook
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!