Child Crisis Arizona
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Bilingual - Youth Care Worker - Graveyard (27724)
at Child Crisis Arizona
BILINGUAL Youth Care Worker - Phoenix Campus
If passion matters then we are looking for people who want to share our vision.
In addition to helping children and families, you will be eligible to participate in a benefit package which includes: Medical, Dental, Vision, generous Paid Time Off, paid holidays, and 401(k) with company match.
Child Crisis Arizona is seeking a qualified Bilingual Youth Care Worker (YCW) to join our fast paced team to further our mission of protecting Arizona's most vulnerable children from abuse and neglect; and to help build strong families. The YCW is responsible for the safety, physical and emotional well being and supervision of the children in the Agency's care ages 0-5.
- Maintains safety, security and supervision at all times by providing direct line of site of children.
- Establishes and maintains positive relationships with all children in care and reinforces concepts presented in class and groups. .
- Provide oversight and appropriate interaction with children during recreation, mealtime, relaxing time, and play.
- Assist during transition and movement of children from one activity to the next and one physical location to another
- Maintain the Child’s case file and ORR Database in accordance with ORR policies and procedures.
- Establishes and maintains positive and professional relationships with Agency staff, and outside Agency contacts.
- Assists with admission and discharges children as per Agency policies under the direction and supervision of a Shift Supervisor or Case Manager.
- Completes documentation as required
- Charts on-going observations of children’s behaviors.
- Reports all emergencies, concerns of children and building needs to the appropriate parties.
- Follows all Behavior management, protocols, and procedures.
- Completes housekeeping duties as assigned.
- Assists in the preparation, documentation and serving of meals and snacks.
- Responsible for daily routines.
- Participates in classes and groups with children as appropriate.
- Physical demands are frequently utilized on a routine and ongoing basis, employee will engage in any and all activities with children in their care including but not limited to:
- Walking, jumping, running, bending, stooping, playing, sitting, swimming, climbing.
- Off site activities that may include sporting events, fairs, the zoo, concerts, movies and shows.
Training, Education, Experience Requirements:
- Education must consist of a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Must have at least 1-year experience supervising, nurturing / caring / meeting basic needs for children (other than your own).
- Must have valid Arizona Driver’s license, exhibit the ability to operate Agency vans and/or vehicles safely and be able to be added to Agency auto policy.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Must be able to lift and carry at least 50 pounds.
- Must be able to display verbal and written communication skills that meet the requirements of the position and needs of clients.
- Must maintain all Agency and licensing training and certification requirements.
- Must have computer knowledge / proficiency such that log notes can been entered as required.
- Must have experience in word processing in a Windows environment.
- English /Spanish bilingual capabilities required.