Chiricahua Community Health Centers
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Certified Nursing Assistants/Clinical Technicians
at Chiricahua Community Health Centers
Job Title: Clinical Technician
Reports To: Medical Support Staff Supervisor
Job Summary: Assists provider and clinical staff in the administration of patient care in assigned clinical areas. Clinical Technicians are to not perform any invasive procedures or administer any form of medications to patients. Clinical Technicians do not perform venipunctures. Clinical Technicians do not forward refills to the pharmacy or document refills in medical records. These duties are to be forwarded to the appropriately trained clinical support staff.
Qualifications and Requirements:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. This job description in no way implies that these are the only duties to be performed and may be modified, interpreted and/or applied in any way as necessary. Maintaining regular and punctual attendance is required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
Essential Job Duties:
- Assists Provider in the Administration of Patient Care:
- Identifies patient health care service requirements while being aware of age specific needs and protocols.
- Directs patient to exam room, obtains and records accurate routine patient vital signs, prepares patient for examination, and assists providers in procedures.
- Assists provider in examination of patients and gives instructions as directed by provider.
- Answers phone calls and takes messages. Returns patient calls as directed by provider.
- Cleans and prepares rooms between patients and stocks exam rooms.
- Acts as a liaison between providers and other care givers.
- Notifies patient of test results when instructed to do so by provider.
- Documents and maintains records of procedures, medication, delivery of care, and pertinent information regarding patient care services.
- Complies with infection control policies and protocols.
- Ensures operation of medical equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements, following manufacturer’s instructions, reporting malfunctions, requesting repairs, maintaining equipment inventory, and evaluating new equipment and techniques.
- Proficient in laboratory point of care testing.
- Works closely with Patient Care Team to provide the most effective, quality care possible within the Medical Assistant scope of practice.
- Travels to any location as needed.
- Working assigned weekends is required.
Required Education, Experience, Certificates & Licenses:
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Completed Certified Nursing Assistant program required.
- Current Certified Nursing Assistant Certification through the State of Arizona required.
- Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) certification required.
- Driver's License and Proof of Insurance may be required if requesting mileage reimbursement. For Float positions, mileage may not be paid.
Required Language Skills:
- Ability to comprehend and compose instructions, correspondence and communications in English in both oral and written format.
- Bilingual in English and Spanish may be preferred based on current staffing patterns, patient population, and/or duty assignment.
- Ability to frequently exert enough force to move objects weighing up to 25 pounds.
- Ability to continuously remain in a stationary position.
- Ability to constantly move about inside the work place to assist patients, operate office or medical equipment, etc.
- Possesses hand-eye coordination and manual dexterity necessary to constantly operate computer, telephone, other office machinery, and medical equipment.
- Possesses close visual acuity necessary to accurately record and view information on a computer monitor, handwritten and typed documents.
- Ability to discern the nature of sounds at a normal spoken volume.
- Possesses range of body motion and ability to exert enough force to lift and move adult and pediatric patients.
Other Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to gather data in an organized fashion from varied sources.
- Ability to perform variety of assignments requiring independent judgment.
- Ability to resolve challenges and work under pressure.
- Knowledge of health plans and community health centers preferred.
- Knowledge of HIPAA rules and regulations.
- Computer literacy required.
- Knowledge of Electronic Health Records preferred.
Work Environment & Conditions:
- Work environment is typical of a health clinic setting with occasional exposure to communicable diseases, bodily fluids and hazardous chemicals.
- Work frequently involves exposure to needles and other medical equipment with proximity to electrical current, and exposure to moving mechanical parts and some hazardous chemicals.
- Work requires reliable transportation as position requires occasional travel and extended hours to include early mornings, evenings, holidays and weekends.
- If hired for a float position, position requires frequent travel to any health center as needed.