City of Aurora
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Communications & Marketing Specialist
at City of Aurora
- Summary of Job Duties
This is a continuous posting and will remain open until filled. The first review will be completed Friday, February 1st. Additional reviews will be conducted every Friday until filled. However, this position can be closed at any time without any notice.
City of Aurora, Colorado
It is an exciting time to work for the City of Aurora, we're growing and looking for dedicated and collaborative individuals to join our team of talented and valued employees. Excellent organizations have a set of principles, or core values, that are used to implement their mission and vision. Those values represent the touchstone for the organization, guiding the decisions of the individuals and the organization. At the City of Aurora, we demonstrate our excellence by modeling the CORE 4 Values of: Integrity, Respect, Professionalism, and Customer Service, and we welcome all who share these values to apply.
Why Work for Aurora?
- Make a difference in the lives of real people every day
- Diverse community
- Competitive total compensation package
- Well-Funded General Employees Retirement Plan
- Light rail station minutes away
- On-site fitness center and overall employee well-being programs
- Internal educational programs to assist with career advancement
- Access to innovation work spaces
- PRIMARY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Performs a variety of tasks related to pre-production, production, and post-production of cable and web-based video programs.
- Utilizes a variety of specialized equipment associated with television production activities including audio systems, switchers, cameras, computer editing systems, lighting systems, and other studio and field production equipment
- Participates or assists in the design and implementation of programs
- Performs in-studio and remote productions
- Produces video programming including: client consultation, concept design, writing, site and crew orientation, videography, lighting, editing, and directing for single and multi-camera productions
- Represents the department in committees and at community events and may appear on-camera.
- May act as lead worker for assigned interns and volunteers
- Responsible for uploading of web video content and maintenance of video content database for a website
- Performs additional duties as assigned
- MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor's Degree in, as assigned, public relations, communications, marketing, broadcasting, video production or related field
- At least 3 years' progressively responsible experience as a producer in a television production environment directly performing all phases of video production including writing, shooting, editing, and graphics design for television.
- Knowledge of the principles and practices of all phases of television production; strong familiarity with the utilization of social media very helpful.
- Must be proficient in Adobe Creative Cloud video applications, especially Premiere, Photoshop & After Effects.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees, citizens, and elected officials; to follow productions from concept to completion; to independently produce, write, script, shoot and edit a variety of training, informational, promotional, and public affairs videos; to work on multiple projects simultaneously; to work well with interns and volunteers; and ability to handle sensitive issues and information with diplomacy, tact and good judgment.
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills; Strong technical skills related to television and video production; Strong visual design skills; Web and social media skills helpful; bilingual skills (English/Spanish) helpful.
- This position requires the use of a city vehicle Qualified candidates must have a valid Colorado Driver's License with a good driving record.
- WORKING CONDITIONS
- Light to moderate physical work requiring ability to lift 50 pounds with or without assistance
- Frequent walking and standing some performance of activities requiring a full range of body movement including climbing, bending, kneeling, and stooping
- Vision to read and interpret reports, scripts, edit and view videos and computers, use cameras
- Speech communication and hearing to maintain communication with employees and citizens
- hearing/listening required to record and report information; hand/eye coordination for operation of cameras, audio equipment and computers
- Range of working environments including office and edit bays, television studio and frequent work on outside locations for field productions.
- Video cameras, tripods, microphones, computer based editing systems, lighting equipment, computers, and peripheral equipment related to television production.
- This position may require the incumbent to occasionally use personal equipment (e.g. vehicle, cell phone, tools, etc.) in the course of their employment.
For Veterans points: Please show all of your employment history, including military service and related documentation (DD214) on the application.
The City of Aurora is an equal opportunity employer. We are required by state and federal agencies to keep certain statistical records on applicants. It will not be used in any way to discriminate against you because of your sex, race, age, sexual orientation, creed, national origin, disability or military status, gender identity, unless related to a bona fide occupational qualification as defined by the Colorado Civil Rights Commission and the Equal Opportunity Commission.
If you need assistance in completing this application, please feel free to contact our office at: 303-739-7225 or visit us at 15151 E Alameda Pkwy., Suite 3500, Aurora, CO 80012.
Despite the changes in Colorado law, the City of Aurora maintains a drug free workplace. A positive test of marijuana is grounds for disqualification and ineligibility for employment with the city for one year or termination once hired.
Drug Testing, Thorough Criminal Background Check, and Employment References:
As a condition of employment, all applicants selected for employment with the City of Aurora must undergo a thorough criminal background check and drug screening. Employment references will be conducted on finalists for City of Aurora vacancies.