City of Phoenix
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Caseworker II* Mental Health Specialist
at City of Phoenix
ABOUT THIS POSITION
A Caseworker II * Mental Health Specialist in the Human Services Department is responsible for the implementation of behavior support services for the Head Start Birth to Five program. Duties include classroom interventions for the goal of improving a child’s social-emotional well-being, providing behavior coaching and consultation in alignment with research-based models. This position will conduct classroom observations and social-emotional assessments on children enrolled in the program and create individualized intervention plans based on data collected. This Caseworker II* Mental Health Specialist will also create and provide professional development on mental health related topics. Accurate documentation and compiling data must be completed on services provided.
This recruitment may be used by any department for any current or future vacancies over the life of the eligible list.
First review of applications will occur the week of April 29, 2019. Recruitment will close when we have received a sufficient number of qualified applications.
$20.44 (minimum) - $30.44 (maximum) hourly / $42,515 - $63,315 annually. Candidates may be hired above the minimum depending upon qualifications.
A comprehensive benefits package is offered which includes traditional pension with employer and employee contributions; choice of medical HMO, PPO, or HSA plan; dental; vision; life insurance; long-term disability; 401(a) and 457 plans; medical enrollment includes a monthly $150 City contribution to a Post-Employment Health Plan; bus/light rail pass; tuition reimbursement program; paid time off includes 11.5 paid holidays, 12 vacation days, and 15 sick days. For more details, visit: Unit 7 Benefits
- Bachelor’s Degree in social services or a related degree.
- Two years of experience in caseworker management, counseling, working with crime victims or related activities.
- This position must meet fingerprint clearance card background check requirements appropriate to employees of the Human Services Department.
- An equivalent combination of related experience and education may be considered.
- The City job description can be found here
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS - The job requirements listed above, plus:
- Master’s Degree in social services or a related degree.
- Licensed by the Arizona Board of Behavioral Health Examiners.
- Experience providing mental health consultation to educational setting.
- Experience with documentation in accordance with acceptable clinical practice.
- Experience with interventions of behaviorally challenged children.
- Experience conducting social-emotional assessments and creating follow-up plan.
- Experience providing professional development opportunities to staff & parents.
- Experience conducting classroom observations and providing social-emotional learning to children birth - 5 years in classroom or childcare setting.
- Knowledge and/or training of Conscious Discipline.
- Knowledge, previous training and experience in implementation of Trauma-Informed practice.
- Knowledge of CSEFEL and the Pyramid model of Social Emotional service delivery.
- Spanish speaking (preferred but not required).
HOW TO APPLY
Apply online by completing the required information and attaching, as one document, your cover letter and resume. Please include your experience as it relates to the qualifications stated above. Only the highest qualified may be posted to the eligible to hire list.
YOUR COVER LETTER AND RESUME,
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW
- All finalists for positions are subject to a criminal background check applicable to the department or position.
- For other important information related to employment with the City of Phoenix, please click here.
- Link to All City of Phoenix Employment Opportunities
- If you need assistance applying for this job, please contact our HR Connection Center at (602) 495-5700.
Caseworker II, 07112/ 07110, ID# 31448 11/25/18, 6 mos, DD, 07
City of Phoenix employees commit to Work Smart, Be Kind, Spend Wisely.
City of Phoenix is an equal opportunity employer. AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service alumni who meet the required qualifications are encouraged to apply.