City of Phoenix
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at City of Phoenix
ABOUT THIS POSITION
Court Interpreters provide Spanish language interpreting and translation services to the non-English speaking public during all Municipal Court proceedings and other court-related events. Court Interpreters are responsible for the simultaneous and consecutive interpreting services of court proceedings, as well as sight and written translation of court-related documents. Knowledge of legal and court terminology, Arizona Revised Statutes, Arizona Rules of Court, Minimum Accounting Standards, and the Phoenix City Code. Incumbents work under the direct supervision of the Court Interpreter Supervisor, who, evaluates performance based on the quality of service provided and results achieved.
This recruitment may be used by any department for any current or future vacancies over the life of the eligible list.
Recruitment closes April 29, 2019. All materials must be received by 11:59 p.m. on this date.
$19.64 (minimum) - $28.79 (maximum) hourly $40,851 - $59,883 annually. Appointment is typically at the minimum pay rate. Candidates may be hired above the minimum depending upon qualifications.
A comprehensive benefits package is offered which includes traditional pension with employer and employee contributions; choice of medical HMO, PPO, or HSA plan; dental; vision; life insurance; long-term disability; 401(a) and 457 plans; medical enrollment includes a monthly $150 City contribution to a Post-Employment Health Plan; bus/light rail pass; tuition reimbursement program; paid time off includes 11.5 paid holidays, 12 vacation days, and 15 sick days. For more details, visit:
- Two years of progressively responsible duties as a court interpreter.
- Provide Spanish and English oral and written interpretation simultaneous and consecutive of court proceedings for Spanish-speaking defendants.
- Must possess or be able to obtain a Tier 3 or Tier 4 certification from Arizona Court Interpreter Credential Program within 24 months from date of hire.
- The City job description can be found here.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS - The job requirements listed above, plus:
- Knowledge of legal and court terminology, Arizona Revised Statutes, Arizona Rules of Court, Minimum Accounting Standards, and the Phoenix City Code.
- Knowledge of Public Administration.
- For this position, an individual receiving a conditional offer of employment from the Phoenix Municipal Court must be fingerprinted by the Phoenix Police Department and pass a background investigation through the City of Phoenix and the Federal Bureau of Investigation prior to commencing employment.
HOW TO APPLY
Apply online by completing the required information and attaching, as one document, your cover letter and resume. Please include your experience as it relates to the qualifications stated above. Only the highest qualified may be posted to the eligible to hire list.
YOUR COVER LETTER AND RESUME,
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW
- All finalists for positions are subject to a criminal background check applicable to the department or position.
- For other important information related to employment with the City of Phoenix, please click here.
- Link to All City of Phoenix Employment Opportunities
- If you need assistance applying for this job, please contact our HR Connection Center at (602) 495-5700.
Court Interpreter, JC: 00640, ID# 31484, 4/14/19, 6 mos., SA, Benefits: 003
City of Phoenix employees commit to Work Smart, Be Kind, Spend Wisely.
City of Phoenix is an equal opportunity employer. AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service alumni who meet the required qualifications are encouraged to apply.