City of Phoenix
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Family Liaison / Part-time (Casework Aide)
at City of Phoenix
ABOUT THIS POSITION
Multiple Positions Available
Join our Team! The Human Services Department (HSD) entered into an Intergovernmental Agreement (IGA) with First Things First (FTF) to implement four Family Resource Centers (FRC) in specific targeted communities to serve as community hubs. These positions will offer information and resources to families with children birth to five years old.
Within the City of Phoenix, the FRC are referred to as Phoenix Families First Centers. These sites will offer a variety of services that will assist in targeting the needs of the varying families. Families will receive referrals for services and parenting activities. There are three main areas of engagement:
- Information and Resources
- Parenting activities
Family Liaisons are front line staff responsible for the everyday success of the PFFC. Responsibilities include welcoming families, doing initial screening/interviews, organizing event calendar, providing information and resources to families, inputting into data base, answering phones, and general clerical support. These positions work some nights and weekends. Several positions are available (20 hours per week).
These grant funded positions began on July 1, 2018, and cease at the anticipated close of the grant, June 30, 2021. However, parties may renew this agreement for up to three additional twelve month extensions (including lesser parts thereof) for a total of four years.
This recruitment may be used by any department for any current or future vacancies over the life of the eligible list.
First review of applications will occur the week of April 29, 2019. Recruitment will close when we have received a suficient number of qualified applications.
$12.92 (minimum) - $18.72 (maximum) hourly + Light Rail/Bus Pass
- One year of experience working in a social service environment.
- Some college level course work in social work, sociology, social services, or a related field.
- Knowledge of social services and community resources.
- Ability to keep detailed and accurate records.
- Ability to engage the community and build relationships.
- Use interview techniques to identify family needs.
- Requires necessary background checks and fingerprint clearance card.
- The City job description can be found here
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS - The job requirements listed above, plus:
- Bilingual preferred.
- Only the highest qualified may will be posted to the eligible to hire list.
HOW TO APPLY
Apply online by completing the required information and attaching your cover letter and resume. Please include your experience as it relates to the qualifications stated above.
YOUR COVER LETTER AND RESUME,
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW
- All finalists for positions are subject to a criminal background check applicable to the department or position.
- For other important information related to employment with the City of Phoenix, please click here.
- Link to All City of Phoenix Employment Opportunities
- If you need assistance applying for this job, please contact our HR Connection Center - (602) 495-5700.
Caseworker Aide, JC: 07260 , ID# 31453, 4/14/19, 6 mos, DD, Clerical
City of Phoenix employees commit to Work Smart, Be Kind, Spend Wisely.
City of Phoenix is an equal opportunity employer. AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service alumni who meet the required qualifications are encouraged to apply.