Cocopah Indian Tribe
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Cocopah Tribal Government - Museum Maintenance Supervisor
at Cocopah Indian Tribe
Under the direct supervision of the Museum Director/Cultural Programs Coordinator. Provides general maintenance service to the Museum, Cultural Center and Heritage Park Complex.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities; include the following. Other duties as assigned.
- Supervises, trains, and evaluates maintenance/groundskeeper workers and other program workers placed under the custodian's immediate supervision.
- Provide monthly maintenance department activity reports, and vehicle reports.
- Maintain upkeep of Tribal & GSA vehicles.
- Maintain maintenance supplies & submits request orders for purchases.
- Submit orders and payment requests for outside storage units, uniforms, and bottle water supply.
- Make assessments on major repairs needed and get estimates on service costs for repair work.
- Primary responsibility of general cleaning, maintenance and security of all areas of the Tribal Museum, Cultural Center and Heritage Park.
- Ensure that all office work areas of the museum building are secured at the end of operational hours.
- On-call 24/7 for emergency alarm system monitoring.
- Provide museum curator with support with large school tours.
- Attends staff meetings, training and workshops.
- Other duties as assigned.
Skill / Requirements
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to work well with others, including diverse personalities of museum visitors.
- Practice good organizational and time management skills.
- Flexible in work hours to cover evenings & weekends.
- Fluent in English. Cocopah & Spanish language a plus.
- Ability to work with minimum supervision.
- Must be computer literate.
Education and/or Experience
- At least two years experience in custodial and grounds work, preferably with some supervisory experience.
- High school graduate/GED.
- Presentation of professional appearance and demeanor a must.
- Knowledge in the operation, care and safety practices of standard maintenance equipment, i.e., floor polishers, power tools, mowers/tractors, & hand tools.
- Fluency in English and Cocopah language preferred. Spanish language fluency also a plus.
- Must be at least 21 years of age, required for GSA vehicle operation.
- Must have reliable transportation.
- Must possess a current valid Arizona Driver's License.
- Testing may be required.
- Must pass fingerprint background check.
Thank you for your time and interest in the Cocopah Indian Tribe.
In order for us to consider you an eligible applicant, we will be needing you to submit an official application. Please click the URL link, visit Cocopah.com to apply, or contact Cocopah HR at 928-627-2102.
Have a great day.