CODAC Health, Recovery & Wellness Inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Certified Medical Assistant/Certified Clinical Medical Assistant
at CODAC Health, Recovery & Wellness Inc.
Provides medical and office support services to Behavioral Health Medical Professionals (BHMP) and nurses within the CODAC clinical setting.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordinates the delivery of integrated care services to members, in collaboration with clinical and other staff to address the member’s needs.
- Performs integrated healthcare assessment and annual assessment updates.
- Assists in development, implementation and revision of integrated service plans; assures that services provided are specified in the integrated service plan and monitors progress toward treatment goals, crisis plans and coordinating of adult recovery teams.
- Assist and support members to follow through on prescribed medical interventions and diagnostic testing.
- Inform and educate members regarding the meaning and implications of test results and prescribed interventions, as per clinic protocol.
- Assesses and addresses barriers to health.
- Assists with initiation, researched, completes and faxes of communication documents as directed by BHMP or RN (i.e. Prior Authorizations, PCP Coordination and Disability Forms, etc.).
- Takes vital signs of members.
- Administers injections as directed/order by BHMP.
- Reviews and updates current medication list with any current non-psychiatric medications.
- Screen for any changes in medical diagnosis or medical medications since last appointment.
- Obtains charts from Medical Records and returns charts as needed.
- Obtains Urine Drug Screen samples from members, when appropriate.
- Returns phone messages from members, when asked to do so by the BHMP or RN.
- Reviews next day appointment charts to determine needed chart updates. Clips chart update forms to outside of chart for completion by BHMP.
- Performs various office duties, such as shredding documents, filing, and sorting mail, lab reports, faxes from pharmacies, etc.
- Provides case management, health promotion and other necessary services to support member recovery
- Completes necessary charting and record keeping in accordance with agency and funding source requirements.
- Assist and educates members with self-administration of medication (med boxes).
- Performs other related activities in accordance with agency growth and changes.
Skill / Requirements
- Graduate of accredited Certified Medical Assistant program
- One (1) year experience At least 1 year experience working in a clinical setting, skills in office duties, customer service, insurance and billing, and patient care.
- Must attain Clinical Medical Assistant certification within one (1) year of employment through National Healthcareer Association.
- Not applicable
- Valid Arizona Drivers license, proof of current insurance and willingness to use personal vehicle.
- Clean Motor Vehicle Record - no more than 2 moving violations or a license suspension in past 3 years.
- Familiar with and adheres to medicalassistantscopeof practice
- Bilingual a plus.
- Extensive knowledge of community resources.
- Extensive knowledge of behavioral health challenges which include knowledge of the impacts of mental illness, domestic violence, and the dynamics of addictive behavior.
- Familiarity with various ethnic and cultural groups.
- Intermediate to advanced computer skills using MS Office products, Word, Excel, Access, etc., importing/exporting data to/from applications.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
To apply directly please click the link below. Another window will open and allow you to apply directly online. If another window does not open, it may be blocked by a popup blocker. Simultaneously press the CTRL button on your keyboard and click the link again.