CODAC Health, Recovery & Wellness Inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Peer Support Specialist (Certified)
at CODAC Health, Recovery & Wellness Inc.
Promotes a recovery based approach to member care that emphasizes hope, respect, self-direction and empowerment by providing peer support, personal assistance, education on community resources, supportive services, advocacy and other support primarily in-home and/or in the community to aid in members’ recovery from mental illness and/or addiction disorders .
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Under direct supervision, provides supportive assistance to, and the modeling of self-advocacy with the member to help him/her research and access needed and desired community resources.
- Works cooperatively with others to assure the smooth and seamless delivery of comprehensive services to members.
- Assist members in choosing, obtaining and keeping wellness and healthy lifestyle related goals.
- Use a variety of methods, tailored to the individual, to move through the process of setting and reaching health and wellness related goals.
- Compile and share wellness and healthy lifestyle resources for members, staff and/or other stakeholders.
- Provide structure and support to promote personal progress and accountability.
- Assists in the development and coordination of activities, programs, and resources which directly support members or family members/caregivers of consumers in achieving wellness and recovery goals. For example: Assists consumers in obtaining benefits, i.e. SSI, AHCCCS/Medicare, Section 8, identification cards.
- Ensures safety of member’s living environment (personal safety, food supply, utilities and appliances working, adequacy of furnishings, and lack of fire hazards).
- Provides instruction in activities of daily living (nutrition, meal planning, shopping, and meal preparation; budgeting; home cleaning and organization; personal grooming and laundry).
- Communicates with clinical team regarding members’ level of independent functioning and current levels of support provided.
- Travels to members’ residences to provide peer support, personal assistance and other supportive in-home services.
- Transports members to and from appointments (agency vehicle), as appropriate.
- Relates own recovery process in a positive and supportive manner through coaching, role modeling and mentoring in order to assist members in developing skills to achieve their goals.
- Completes documentation for behavioral health record in accordance with agency and funding source requirements.
- Advocates for members, as needed, to ensure delivery of necessary services.
- Provides crisis intervention, as needed, and notifies Supervisor and treatment team.
- Meets with new members providing peer support and orientation to RHBA, CODAC and site(s).
- Answers members’ questions using Customer Service Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) and CODAC policies and procedures as guides.
- Assists in the scheduling of follow-up appointments for members.
- Performs other related duties in accordance with agency growth and changes.
Skill / Requirements
Minimum Education and experience Required:
- High School/GED and 4 years work experience providing direct care in healthcare OR;
- Certified Peer Support and 2 years work experience providing direct care in healthcare
- Graduate from the Recovery Support Institute, required
- Peer - Individuals must be receiving, or have received services from the public behavioral health system.
- Valid Arizona Driver’s license, proof of current insurance and willingness to use personal vehicle.
- Driver’s license is an essential requirement for performing duties for this position.
- Clean Motor Vehicle Record - no more than 2 moving violations or a license suspension in past 3 years.
- 1st Aid, CPR and Fingerprint Clearance may be required.
- Bilingual (Spanish/English) preferred.
- Familiarity with people and practices within various ethnic and cultural groups.
- Knowledge of community resources.
- Ability to evaluate facts or situations to determine appropriate action.
- Familiarity with various diverse ethnic and cultural groups.
Positions are in a variety of locations and programs
To apply directly please click the link below. Another window will open and allow you to apply directly online. If another window does not open, it may be blocked by a popup blocker. Simultaneously press the CTRL button on your keyboard and click the link again.