Chicanos Por La Causa, Inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Chicanos Por La Causa, Inc.
: Phoenix, AZ
Responsible for reporting any activity, i.e. illegal entry, fire, and theft; responds to emergency situations which may arise and notifies appropriate supervisor or provider.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Minimum of high school diploma or GED equivalent; minimum two years experience in security or any combination of related work history, which demonstrates the ability to perform work. Bilingual preferred.
· Must have the ability to work well with the elderly; must be able to communicate in both Spanish and English, if required; physical condition adequate to meet the physical demands of assigned duties.
· LANGUAGE SKILLS: Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
· REASONING ABILITY: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
Include the following but are not limited to the job specifications contained herein. Additional duties or job functions that can be performed safely may be required as deemed necessary by supervisory personnel.
· Maintains daily log of visitors to the community and screens out unwanted guests or intruders.
· Monitors all activities throughout the community and reports any unusual occurrences to Community Manager.
· Responds immediately to emergency situations. Determines appropriate course of action and follows through.
· Prepares nightly reports to the Community Manager.
· Locks entrance doors, security gates, laundry rooms and pool gates to community at designated time every evening (if required).
· Makes scheduled nightly inspections around community checking all common area exterior doors. Reports unusual activity or visitors immediately to police.
· Continuous walking patrol throughout ingress and egress of property through entire shift.
· Responds to emergency maintenance requests by taking appropriate immediate action to control situation. Notifies on-call maintenance personnel immediately.
· Prepares Resident Incident reports for Community Manager on residents who may be disrupting peace and tranquility of community.
· May only use office to verify residency if resident is locked out or for any emergencies that may occur.
· No personal calls allowed while on duty except for emergencies. No collect calls to be accepted by Assurance Personnel.
· May not enter a resident’s apartment while on duty if an emergency has not occurred. If a situation warrants presence, another employee is to accompany you.
· Light inspection/correction required nightly of walkway lights and notification to Community Manager of any missing or broken building or pole lights that need replaced.
· Nightly trash pick-up required.
· Required to work 6th day when needed.
· No authorization of firearms or weapons of any kind are permitted during shift.
· Restraining any individual (i.e., handcuffs, choke hold, physical restraint) is against company policy and is warrant for immediate termination.
· At any time you find yourself in a self-defense situation, remove yourself as quickly as possible. AT NO TIME are you authorized to put yourself or others in a dangerous situation. physical contact.
· Requires the ability to communicate effectively (expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken or written word). This skill/ability is important in work activities in which workers must impart or receive detailed information through oral or written communication.
· Good hand/eye coordination with the ability to perform repetitive/continuous tasks according to set procedures and sequence. Plus, the ability to handle multiple tasks at the same time.
· Color discrimination, the ability to discriminate between colors in terms of hue, and the ability to identify a particular color or color combination from memory are required.