Chicanos Por La Causa, Inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Help Desk Specialist 1
at Chicanos Por La Causa, Inc.
The IT Help Desk Specialist will provide support to end users on a variety of IT/IS issues. Will identify, research, and resolve Tier 1 IT/IS technical problems. Will answer and respond to IT/IS client telephone calls and email requests for service. Will document, track and monitor problems to ensure a timely resolution. Will work closely with Tier 2 IT/IS team members as needed on issues needing desk side support and/or escalated issues. Will provide desk side support as required.
- 2-year associates degree in Information Technology and 1-3 years of help desk/desktop support
- experience and/or technology certification or equivalent combination of relevant education,
- certification and technology experience
- Must have strong customer service, time management, and written/verbal communication skills
- Prior experience in a technology support Help Desk environment
- Ability to troubleshoot a variety of hardware and software issues
- Knowledge of Microsoft OS including Windows 7 and Windows 10
- Knowledge of Microsoft tools including Office and Outlook
- Knowledge of PC hardware
- Basic understanding of networking technologies and protocols such as basic IP addressing, DNS,
- DHCP, and VPN client configuration
- Experience with Active Directory a plus
- Experience with Windows Server a plus
- Ability to prioritize assigned projects, help desk calls, and emails
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs and move computer, network and A/V equipment
- Availability for on-call status
- Able to adapt to varying/change of work hours as necessitated depending on support need changes
Bilingual (English and Spanish)
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES AND COMPETENCIES
Self-Starter - The Help Desk Specialist can work effectively and efficiently with little oversight. They do not require assignment of tasks, but sees worthwhile activities and initiates the appropriate effort. They are a self-starter showing a strong bias for action with a sense of urgency and high energy. The Help Desk Specialist works within a collaborative environment to achieve improved results.
Customer Focus - The Help Desk Specialist will maintain a customer focus by understanding the
customer’s viewpoint. They are viewed by customers as a business partner who anticipates their needs
and assures there are no barriers to doing business.
Effective Communication Skills - The Help Desk Specialist uses effective communication skills to
manage communication and feedback within the organization. They are candid, clear and concise in
communication. They use appropriate style, tone and delivery methods to effectively reach the intended
Leadership/Team Orientation - The Help Desk Specialist displays leadership and team orientation by working collaboratively to achieve the organization’s success. They effectively practice a high level of good judgment and interpersonal skills; mobilize and inspire others to take action (situational leadership); and is willing and able to lead beyond their area of expertise.
Technical Skills - The Help Desk Specialist holds them self and others to high standards. They
proactively strive to stay ahead of technical expertise and inspire others to stay current in areas of technical expertise.
The job will require sitting in an indoor office environment, the need to visually read various written
materials including, but not limited to paper documents and computer monitors. The job may also require standing, bending, walking, lifting up to 50 lbs., carrying, pushing, pulling, climbing, kneeling,
crouching, driving, and airline travel.
The incumbent will have the ability to use standard office equipment such as PC, printer, telephone,
calculator, and copier and fax machines. Travel may be required to meetings/support calls in other office
buildings/sites including local and domestic.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Employee is expected to participate in continuous learning, competency building, and maintenance of case management and crisis intervention skills.
Reports to and is supervised directly by the _________________. Employee is accountable for understanding and complying with CPLC policies and procedures.