Chicanos Por La Causa, Inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Chicanos Por La Causa, Inc.
Location: 1112 E Buckeye Rd. Phoenix, AZ 85034
The Human Resources Generalist provides support and demonstrates knowledge in functional areas of Human Resources including, but not limited to recruitment & staffing, employee relations, performance management, training & development, and compensation. Serves as liaison between CPLC businesses and human resources responsibilities.
- Employee Relations
- Conflict Management
- HR Risk Management
- Problem Solving
- Leadership and Employee Coaching
- Effective Communication
- Project Management
- Process Improvement/Implementation
- BA/BS in Human Resources, Psychology, Communication or related field, or equivalent experience for which job expectations will be met. 5 years of relevant human resources experience including 2 years’ successful experience in a generalist role, or equivalent combination of education, training and/or experience that demonstrates possession of the knowledge, skills and abilities necessary to be successful in this role.
- Exceptional communication, organizational, time management and project management skills.
- Exceptional independent problem solving and conflict resolution skills.
- PC proficiency with various software including MS Office, MS Access, and compensation and HRIS software. Proficiency with ADP preferred.
- Bilingual in Spanish and English.
- PHR or relevant certification, preferred
- Thorough understanding of Federal and State Employment Law required (Arizona required and Nevada, New Mexico and/or Texas preferred).
- Conducts internal employee relations investigations for employee performance, behavior and policy/procedure violations.
- Facilitates and mediates interventions, assimilations and conflict resolution.
- Provides effective problem solving, conflict management and resolution, and appropriate documentation to engage employees and reduce organizational risk.
- Provides coaching and recommendations for leadership on performance management, behavioral issues, corrective actions, policy interpretations, performance improvement plans, and terminations to minimize legal exposure.
- Ensures employment actions are appropriately documented and consistent with policies and applicable laws.
- Assists with legal responses such as EEOC and/or Unemployment to minimize unfavorable determinations and related expenses when applicable
- Recognizes and solves problems without direct supervision and escalates to VP of HR as needed.
- Uses analysis to assist with metrics tracking, decision making, and problem solving.
- Implements performance management systems and processes.
- Identifies areas of concern for training and development of employees, management and leaders.
- Coaches and mentors employees, management and leadership on best practices, behaviors, and policies.
- Assist with career pathing, succession planning, and department reorganization and structural decisions.
- Provides ongoing career development assistance to employees through evaluations, counseling, mentoring and training.
- Conducts job evaluations and creates and reviews job descriptions for effectiveness, consistency of practice and risk management.
- Provides staffing/recruiting support hiring managers and recruiters.
- Serves as mediator to solve staffing/recruiting concerns.
- Conducts exit interviews and supports onboarding efforts.
- Assists with benefits administration as needed.
- Supports hiring managers, recruiters and VP of HR on employee compensation matters.
- Partners with leadership team to recommend salary ranges, adjustments, structures and revisions to pay practices and policies as well as identifies and makes recommendations for areas of risk associated with compensation practices.
- Oversees the implementation and execution of Human Resources policy and procedures for multiple departments and/or functional groups.
- Identifies improvement needs, conceives new approaches, and develops and streamlines human resources and other processes.
- Identifies and develops metrics to measure human resources impact to the organization.
- Maintains strict confidentiality, administers sound judgement, fairness and influence.
- Effectively manages time and projects using organizational skills and multi-tasking.
- Communicates effectively using excellent verbal, written, reading, and presentation skills.
- Interacts effectively with a diverse employee and client population.
- Assists in the fostering and administration of Diversity and Inclusion and Employment Opportunity programs.
- Provides support for HR leadership as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Able to meet deadlines and handle multiple tasks and responsibilities. Able to work independently and as part of a team. Able to communicate clearly and effectively both verbally and in writing. Able to effectively present operational information to personnel at all levels. Able to identify and solve issues and to utilize technology to track results. Able to travel in and out of state as needed. Possess excellent technical skills including computer, MS Office suite and office machines and equipment.
Employee will be expected to participate in continuous learning, competency building and maintenance of competency skills. Employee will be expected to complete learning credits to maintain relevant certifications.
The HR Generalist position is both a mobile and a sedentary position with periods of light physical activity, and is performed mostly in office surroundings. Positions typical in nature require regular walking or standing; sitting, lifting and carrying up to 20 pounds; climbing stairs, bending, reaching, holding, grasping and turning objects; and using fingers to operate computer keyboards. This position will require the ability to speak normally and to use normal or aided vision and hearing.
Local, interstate and intrastate travel to Chicanos Por La Causa, Inc., its affiliates and/or subsidiaries, will be necessary to successfully fulfill the duties of this position. The incumbent will utilize technology to minimize travel. The travel requirements for this position may be 20 to 30 percent, program assignment depending.
Reports to and is supervised directly by the VP of HR. Employee is also accountable for understanding and complying with CPLC policies and procedures.