Chicanos Por La Causa, Inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Outreach Enrollment Specialist - Temporary
at Chicanos Por La Causa, Inc.
Location: Phoenix, AZ - Position is a Temporary Full-Time Position; not to exceed past 12/31/2020
The full-time, temporary Outreach & Enrollment Specialist will work in the community to increase the number of individuals that have access to publicly-sponsored health benefits and other resources. This position will directly assist families with electronic applications for AHCCCS (Health-e-Arizona PLUS), SNAP (formerly Food Stamps) and make referrals to other community resources. The Outreach and Enrollment Specialist will also be responsible for assisting people understand, apply and enroll for health coverage through the Marketplace. Also, serves as an information source for Keogh (an affiliate of CPLC Inc.) constituents and performs Community Outreach to increase Keogh’s effectiveness in addressing access to health care.
1. High School diploma or GED and Associates degree or equivalent professional training
2. Ability to use a laptop computer
3. Ability to work independently and trouble shoot basic problems
4. Must have a valid driver’s license, current auto insurance coverage and reliable transportation
5. Must be able to lift up to 40 pounds
1. Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent training, education or experience in Community Outreach, Healthcare, Insurance enrollment or social work.
2. Teaching/training experience
3. Knowledge of healthcare systems and tools
4. Understanding of healthcare terminology and definitions
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES
1. Ability to work independently and able to initiate action
2. Ability to work as a part of a team
3. Ability to learn and understand eligibility requirements for multiple public and private insurance and assistance programs
4. Ability to maintain accurate records and necessary paperwork;
5. Strong communications skills with an ability to build rapport with individuals who may be confused, not informed or fearful.
6. Ability to develop trust with individuals who are fearful and suspicious
7. Possess a positive attitude in communicating Keogh’s mission
8. Knowledge of health care benefits
9. Speaks, reads and writes English and Spanish fluently and is able to easily transition between the two
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES AND COMPETENCIES
1. Process online enrollments for Healthy-e- Arizona PLUS, SNAP (food stamps) and other community referrals accurately in English and Spanish.
2. Participates in school/community events (health fairs, back to school events etc.)
3. Schedules appointments for clients throughout the valley
4. Must have excellent customer service skills
5. Must effectively communicate plans and processes to clients
6. Partner cross functionally with various operational business units while supporting departmental objectives within company and regulatory guidelines.
7. Be proactive in anticipating workflow needs
This job description is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, effort, and/or working conditions associated with the position. While it is intended to be an accurate reflection of the job, management reserves the right to revise the job or to require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change (i.e. emergencies, changes in staff, workload, rush jobs, technology changes, etc.)
In addition, this job description is not intended to create a contract of employment between the employee and Keogh Health Connection nor shall it be regarded as a promise to provide specific terms or conditions of employment. Pursuant to Arizona law, the employer-employee relationship is technically known as “employment at will.” As such, either the employee or the employer may terminate the employment relationship at any time for any reason that does not violate Arizona State and/or Federal statutes. This relationship implies no guaranteed or contractual obligation.