Chicanos Por La Causa, Inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Chicanos Por La Causa, Inc.
Work Location: Parenting AZ 200 E. Second Street Winslow, AZ 86047
Responsible for direct delivery of social services to the children and families. Encourage and support the implementation of parent involvement activities. Provides advocacy and support services information to families about community resources and assists them in accessing appropriate services.
Knowledge of child development and parenting skills. Capable of working with diverse cultural populations. Possess good written and verbal communication skills. Must have access to safe transportation with appropriate Arizona drivers’ license and automobile insurance as required by State of Arizona. When subpoenaed, testifying in court regarding a case according to PA policy. Administer evaluative/assessment instruments upon request of case manager and/or supervisor. Network with federal sources, community agencies, etc. Attend special meetings, trainings, workshops, conferences or join committees related to job as requested by supervisor or executive director. Other duties as requested by supervisor and/or program manager.
- BA Degree in Behavioral Health or BA degree in any field plus 1 year experience in Behavioral Health or High School diploma and 5 years work and/or education in Behavioral Health.
- Minimum 2 years experience working with children and parents; demonstrated ability to form supportive and nurturing relationships with multi-problem families.
- Knowledge of child development parenting skills
- Capable of working with diverse cultural populations
- Knowledge of and ability to access community resources.
- Knowledge and understanding of family dynamics and family centered services
- Experience in cultural diversity, substance abuse, affects of child abuse and neglect on child development, sexual abuse, medication, and other interventions
- Possess good written and verbal communication skills
- Must have access to safe transportation with appropriate Arizona Driver’s license and automobile insurance as required by the State of Arizona
- Bilingual preferred.
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES AND COMPETENCIES
- Develop and work with clients and their families referred to program by funding source.
- Travel to and from client home, arrange and/or take client to schedule appointments, services, as necessary when deemed appropriate by supervisor or case managers in keeping with treatment plan.
- Provide appropriate and timely services as indicated in treatment plan an optional services as agreed upon by agency and case manager.
- Monitor the physical and emotional health of children in the home and assist parents in demonstrating how to care for them.
- Attend regular meetings with supervisor to review case history and implement objectives; attend staff meetings and other as requested.
- Maintain accurate and timely written reports, summaries and logs
- Adhere to all contractual agreements between PA and funding sources and adhere to agency policies and procedures
- Demonstrate respect for client in a non-judgmental manner and will respect client’s rights to privacy and confidentially.
- Carry out activities in annual work plan and agency’s strategic plan.
- Successfully complete any training/orientations required by agency and/or funding source.
- When Subpoenaed, testifying in court regarding a case according to PA policy
- Administer evaluative/assessment instruments upon request of case manager and/or supervisor
- Knowledge of community resources and ability to refer families to appropriate services, including those offered by PA
- Network with referral sources, community agencies, etc.
- Attend special meetings, trainings. Workshops, conferences, or join committees related to job as requested by supervisor or executive director
- Other duties as requested by supervisor and/or program manager.
Ability to travel statewide as needed. Ability to communicate clearly and effectively both verbally and in writing. Able to present operational information to personnel at all levels. Able to identify and recruit potential funding sources.
Employee will be expected to participate in continuous learning, competency building and maintenance of competency skills.