Chicanos Por La Causa, Inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Chicanos Por La Causa, Inc.
: Tucson, AZ
The Parent Educator is temporarily remote as well as services are being provided remotely to promote social distancing until further notice.
Parent Educators are responsible for direct delivery of social services to the children and families of Arizona. The Community Based program provides community based classes and supports for parents, caregivers, and teens.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Human Services, Social Services or a related field or actively enrolled in a degree program
· Have at least two years of experience in Social Work, Psychology, or in any Human Service Field working with children, families, and or adults, as verified on a resume and reference verification
· Knowledge of child development parenting skills
· Capable of working with diverse cultural populations
· Knowledge of and ability to access community resources
· Knowledge and understanding of family dynamics and family centered services
· Experience in cultural diversity, substance abuse, impact of child abuse and neglect on child development, sexual abuse, family violence and other interventions
- Knowledge of infant and child development and parent-child attachment, mental health and the dynamics of child abuse and neglect
- Knowledge and experience in strength-based and family-centered provision of primary prevention services
- Possess excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Bilingual competency in English and Spanish required
- Successfully complete the Active Parenting curriculum trainings
- Maintain current certification as a Parent Educator, by completing the required professional development hours for years of service
- Provide parent education using Active Parenting curriculum
- Possess effective communication and public speaking skills
- Capable of working with diverse cultural populations
- Use appropriate work-related behavior, dress and attitude
- Adhere to required confidentiality practices
- Conduct community outreach to recruit families and disseminate program information
- Demonstrate knowledge of community resources, systems and services for families
- Coordinate services with other agencies providing services to families and young children
- Fulfill all contract requirements including recruitment, data collection, data entry, reporting, and attendance records
- Ability to manage and maintain incoming and outgoing phone calls
- Participate in regular scheduled supervision with supervisor
- Demonstrate appropriate level of knowledge about child development and parent-child interaction
- Complete tasks as requested by supervisor
- Knowledge of community resources and ability to refer families to appropriate services, including those offered by Parenting Arizona and CPLC.
· Attend special meetings, trainings, workshops, conferences or join committees related to job as requested by supervisor or executive director.
· Carry out activities in annual work plan and agency’s strategic plan.
· Other duties as requested by Program Manager
It is expected to participate in continuous learning, competency building and maintenance of competency skills. A minimum of 20 hours per Fiscal Year including but not limited to Relias Learning & Conference.
- Must be flexible to schedule changes based on family and funder needs
- Must be available to work early mornings, evenings and weekends as needed
- Must be available to travel throughout Maricopa County
Reports to and is supervised directly by the Program Manager and/or Regional Manager:
ð Accountable for understanding and complying with CPLC policies and procedures.
ð Meeting all documentation deadlines.
ð Reporting any incidents and/or emergencies to their direct supervisor within 12 hours of the incident.