Chicanos Por La Causa, Inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
PrEP and PEP Navigator
at Chicanos Por La Causa, Inc.
: Phoenix, AZ
Under general supervision, provides direct covered services to individual clients, coordinates with community support and stakeholders. Responsible for managing appointment schedule and assigned caseload, navigating patient medical services, conducting needs assessments, implementing treatment plans, facilitating referrals, and participating in ongoing PREP/PEP Navigation learning experiences.
· Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college in a field related to case management such as social work, nursing, public health or other human services related field.
· Or high school diploma and comparable professional knowledge, skills and abilities that documents experience with working with HIV positive or high risk individuals.
· Knowledge of HIV/AIDS and skilled at educating clients about HIV/AIDS and other STD’s.
· Able to work a flexible schedule as needed per program requirements.
· Bilingual: English/Spanish skills. Must be able to communicate to Spanish speaking clients; considering the importance of knowing & communicating medical terminology in both languages.
· Must successfully complete the agency’s orientation and demonstrate competency regarding skills and knowledge.
· Have good organization and time management skills.
- Experience in psychosocial assessments, treatment planning, and linkage to care.
- Experience in interdisciplinary care coordination; monitoring of health and social service delivery.
- Knowledge of Prep and PEP medical terminology, medication, and services available to patients.
- Capable of providing reports on a weekly and monthly basis.
- Knowledge of the dynamics of HIV, family violence, mental health, substance abuse and able to refer clients to appropriate resources.
- Possess good written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to communicate and coordinate services with other treatment providers.
- Ability to attend and actively participate in team staffing.
- Ability to attend primary medical care appointments with consumers when needed.
- Ability to provide medication adherence and monitoring instruction.
- Ability to effectively engage client’s and in some cases, their family members in treatment.
- Provide non-judgmental, unconditional support to clients.
- Must be able to communication to Spanish speaking clients.
- Experience in working independently and delivery of in-home services.
- Must be capable of working with diverse cultural population.
- Must have knowledge of the Ryan White healthcare system.
- Knowledge of community resources and ability to assist clients in securing such services.
- Must have access to safe transportation, valid Arizona driver’s license and automobile insurance as required in the State of Arizona. Must be willing to travel throughout Maricopa County.
- Conducts follow up to service commitments, engagement, re-engagement for missed appointments, letters of intent, welfare checks and appropriate discharge functions completed within required time periods.
- Maintains and monitors caseload statistical information, including presenting issues length of stay and outcome measures when assigned.
- Provides on call coverage for crisis situations as needed.
Ability to travel within Maricopa and Pinal counties as needed. Able to communicate clearly and effectively both verbally and in writing. Able to present operational information to personnel at all levels.
Employee will be expected to participate in continuous learning, competency building and maintenance of competency skills.
Work is performed in structured environments.
Reports to and is supervised directly by the LUCES Program Director. Employee is also accountable for understanding and complying with CPLC policies and procedures.