Chicanos Por La Causa, Inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Programs Coordination & Development Specialist
at Chicanos Por La Causa, Inc.
Collaborates with and supports strategic program management leadership in identifying, analyzing and conceptualizing potential community services opportunities and new service offerings that align with the organization’s mission and strategic vision. Maintains oversight of projects, programs alignment initiatives in support of each of the areas focused within the Social Services and Education (SS&E) Department. This position participates with department management and programmatic team to provide leadership, planning, evaluation and coordination of related services and components. Assists in the development of SS&E programming and sustainability efforts. Evaluates current and new opportunities from multiple perspectives including community impact studies, ease of implementation and financial impact to ensure continued viability of the organization. Identifies potential partnership in the area of Housing Counseling, Workforce Development, Community Services, Community Schools, Early Childhood Development and any new programs. Specialist responsibilities are performed under the direction of Director of Programs Coordination & Development of Social Services and Education.
- Facilitate the development and enhancement of program, setting goals and objectives.
- ETW support, coordination and management working with area leads
- Support in contract compliance activity
- Develop and monitor project progress and initiative budgets.
- Ensure compliance with licensure and quality assurance.
- Attend regularly scheduled meetings as requested.
- Develop resources to include the development and submittal of proposals for component needs
- Support in negotiating processes with funding sources and/or subcontracting entities.
- Conduct scheduled team meetings as needed.
- Oversee special initiatives as assigned.
- Assume duties as designated by the Director to assure proper and continued function of community services department.
- Provide leadership to major engagements on day-to-day problem solving and team management level
- Bring in deep functional expertise to every situation from internal/external sources and networks inspire, lead, and develop talent across the focus area
· Work closely with Resource Development and other support departments in the preparation and submittals of proposals and grants
· Work closely with program management in the implementation of new programs, including start-up, initial operations, performance tracking and evaluation.
· Provide demographic and economic research, community needs assessment studies, scenario modeling
· Determine and oversee the project approach (e.g. objectives, schedule, resources, roles and responsibilities) and execution of technical support projects for community-based.
· Prepare briefing materials and presentations for meetings
· Ensure communications are well-written, timely, and effective
- Prepare and communicate transition plans of initiatives to leadership team on program changes and/or new programs.
- Develop linkages between inter-departments within SS&E
- Excellent working knowledge of state of the art direct services for children, families and aging population
- Skills to establish and maintain a viable working relationship with funding entities
- Skills to prepare and present oral and written reports
- Proven track record of project management
- Excellent communication skills;
- Knowledge of regulations impacting non-profit agencies
- Proposal writing skills
- Ability to design and implement programs geared to enhancing community-based services
- Knowledge of developing and implementing budgets
- Excellent planning and organization skills.
A minimum Bachelors Degree in a related behavioral health, social work, business administration field with at least 5 years of direct service /administrative experience, and /or any combination of education and experience that demonstrates the ability to perform assigned duties.
A minimum Masters Degree in a related behavioral health, social work, business administration field with at least 2 years of direct service /administrative experience, and /or any combination of education and experience that demonstrates the ability to perform assigned duties.
Proven track record of leading successful strategic program development and demonstrated ability to design and execute high-quality work, both independently and in a team. Bilingual in Spanish/English preferred.
Ability to travel as needed. May be required to work on weekends to complete projects and meet deadlines.
Work is performed in a structured environment.
Reports to and is supervised directly by the Director of Programs Coordination & Development. Employee is also accountable for understanding and complying with CPLC policies and procedures.