Chicanos Por La Causa, Inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Resource Development Specialist
at Chicanos Por La Causa, Inc.
: Chicanos Por La Causa Resource Development Dept. 1024 E. Buckeye Rd. Phoenix, AZ 85034
Identifies, researches, applies for, administers, and coordinates Resource Development Services with federal, state and/or local grant monies and/or other Request for Proposal/purchasing solicitation monies in accordance with applicable standards, regulations and guidelines.
- Advanced writing skills and a proven record of attaining funding.
- Ability to develop and maintain record keeping systems and procedures.
- Ability to work under tight deadlines and be self-directed.
- Knowledge of institutional funding principles, methods, procedures, and resources.
- Ability to foster effective working relationships within a team environment.
- Program planning and leadership skills.
- Advanced verbal and written communication skills and the ability to conduct prepared or impromptu presentations effectively to small and large groups.
- Ability to assess and interpret the needs and wishes of prospective funding agencies and translate these into effective action plans.
- Skill in budget preparation.
- Advanced analytical, evaluative, and objective critical thinking skills.
- Ability to gather data, compiles information, and prepares reports.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and the ability to interact effectively with leadership, staff, community leadership, and funding agencies.
Bachelor’s Degree; at least 7 years of experience that is directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified; a directly related higher degree from an accredited institution may be substituted for up to two years of experience, and / or any combination of education and experience that demonstrates the ability to perform assigned duties. Bilingual in Spanish and English preferred.
Provides active leadership in the identification, solicitation, and cultivation of major funding agencies to include Federal, State and local agencies, national corporations, and foundations.
Plans and conducts various integrated programs and activities designed to increase the visibility of the Agency and targeted components to both internal and external funding constituencies.
Provides leadership with respect to research, development, communication, and the integration of development strategies and activities into the overall agency mission.
Reviews potential proposal projects and initiatives and develops appropriate funding strategies.
Develops and prepares complex documents, to include grant applications, planning grants, technical reports, project and status reports, and budget forecasts. Writes and edits proposals and communication materials.
Performs and /or participates in short and long range planning to establish and implement agency development goals and objectives.
Establishes and maintains effective working relationships with directors and other program based project teams, as identified.
May represent the organization at government, business, and community meetings.
Works in conjunction with other internal resource development staff to execute the coordination and submission of proposals.
Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
Ability to travel region wide (Arizona, New Mexico, Nevada) as needed. Ability to communicate clearly and effectively both verbally and in writing. Able to present operational information to personnel at all levels. Able to identify, recruit, and acquire potential funding sources.
Employee will be expected to participate in continuous learning, competency building and maintenance of competency skills.
Work is performed in structured environments.
Reports to and is supervised directly by the Director of Resource Development. Employee is also accountable for understanding and complying with CPLC policies and procedures.