Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Industrial Engineer - Logistics
at CVS Health
As an Industrial Engineer, you will be supporting Retail Distribution Centers. We are looking for candidates who have specialized skills in their field, demonstrated professional maturity as well as the capability to successfully complete complex projects with minimal oversight. This Industrial Engineer will be challenged with broader, more complex, network and supply chain projects, program auditing, act as mentor/trainers for junior engineers, etc. Candidates for this position must consistently exhibit a positive attitude and demeanor as well as serve as a role model of the CVS Values. Candidate must possess sufficient skills to successfully collaborate with other engineers.
Responsibilities of this Industrial Engineer include but are not limited to:
- Provide engineering support for the establishment of accurate labor standards using time study or equivalent techniques
- Maintain complete standards and methods documentation, perform all scheduled audits. Adjust standards, procedures, and layouts as needed to reflect changes in business requirements, policy and procedure to assure continued accuracy.
- Support of all performance management initiatives
- Improve work methods by analyzing methods and procedures to ascertain the most efficient way to perform all warehouse tasks. (Reducing steps, travel, non-value added time, and waste, deploying best practices, work simplification, staff planning, balancing, and identification/removal of barriers to productivity)
- Optimize material flow (Travel reduction, process balancing, optimizing storage utilization and put-away logic, and efficient slotting)
- Provide Operations team with necessary support and guidance for improving utilization of our resources (Direct and Indirect Labor, equipment, space, etc.)
- Provide technical support for material handling system improvement (configuration, improved capacity, efficiency)
- Monitor and maintain an a deep understanding of variables impacting key performance metrics, contributing input and support to team in achieving targets
- Provide guidance and support for cost reduction projects
- Manage broader, more complex supply chain projects as assigned
- Assist in auditing for network performance management program compliance as assigned
- Assist with mentorship/training of more junior engineers
- Perform other related duties as assigned by Director
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Maintain labor management or production management system, maintenance of standards
- Support local operations on continuous improvements, analysis, streamlining processes and eliminating waste (labor/cost impact)
- 1+ years of related professional engineering experience
- Experience in MS Excel, Word, Access, PowerPoint and Project
- Distribution/manufacturing environment
- Labor standards system and standard development experience
- Capital expenditure justification and working knowledge of engineering economics
- Project management experience
- Experience with EXE or Infor WMS/LMS or similar WMS/LMS system
- Cognos experience a plus
- ISO 9001 / 2008 experience or Kaisan a plus
- Bilingual English/Spanish a plus
- Bachelor's degree (Industrial Engineering degree preferred)
At CVS Health, we are joined in a common purpose: helping people on their path to better health. We are working to transform health care through innovations that make quality care more accessible, easier to use, less expensive and patient-focused. Working together and organizing around the individual, we are pioneering a new approach to total health that puts people at the heart.
We strive to promote and sustain a culture of diversity, inclusion and belonging every day. CVS Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate in recruiting, hiring or promotion based on race, ethnicity, sex/gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability or protected veteran status or on any other basis or characteristic prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local law. We proudly support and encourage people with military experience (active, veterans, reservists and National Guard) as well as military spouses to apply for CVS Health job opportunities.