St. Mark the Evangelist Catholic Church
Job Title: Administrative Assistant II Exemption Status: Non-Exempt
Department/Location: St. Mark the Evangelist Catholic Church / Oro Valley, AZ
Primary Function: Under the direction of pastor, business manager, School Principal, or other manager is responsible for working independently in providing a wide variety of administrative support activities in a parish or school. The individual is also responsible for providing leadership and for working independently on a variety of administrative projects as assigned.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support the pastoral and spiritual mission of the Diocese and the Catholic Church
- Shall abide by Catholic principles in the teacher’s professional and private life, and shall govern his/her professional and private life in strict accordance with Catholic morals and principles to demonstrate complete adherence to Catholic moral strictures;
- Work independently as a lead person and be proactive in providing administrative support as requested
- Works collaboratively in a positive, friendly, and professional manner with all employees and with others served.
- Display leadership, personal initiative, coordinate, facilitate and provide support with timeliness and accuracy; provide administrative support as requested by the executive director; provide support to others as requested
- Maintain and respect the privacy of the persons supported
- Receive and handle in a professional manner, incoming mail, calls and visitors; screen and handle requests for information.
- Prioritize, coordinate and schedule calendar requests; maintain and ensure accuracy of the calendar; coordinate meetings and other functions
- Provide support as necessary to the board of directors; prepare materials, minutes, and maintain all records.
- Prepare reports to the board and the executive director as necessary.
- Perform other duties as assigned
Physical/Mental Requirements: Requires coordination and manual dexterity, normal mental and visual ability; ability to lift as required in a normal office environment.
Required Activities: Walking; sitting; standing; stooping; reaching talking; handling; hearing; carrying; and keyboarding
- Must have a working knowledge of and a strong commitment to the mission of the Diocese and Catholic Church; be in full communion with the Church
- Excellent communications kills, both verbal and written; excellent human relations and interpersonal skills
- Exercise courtesy to fellow employees, parishioners and the public
- Must be a self-starter; well organized; perform multiple tasks simultaneously and work with a sense of urgency
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment; punctuality is a must at all times; ability to travel locally as required; weekend and evening work may be required
- Be able to type 50 WPM; be proficient with a 10-key calculator.
- Proficiency in computer technology to include word-processing Word for Windows, and Excel; be able to mail merge excel reports, queries, and text documents
- Professional bearing; clean and neat personal appearance
- Ability to successfully pass a background, criminal history, and credit history check
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor degree in business or public administration from an accredited institution or equivalent experience
- Two to five years’ experience in a high activity environment as a secretary or administrative assistant or equivalent
- Bi-lingual (Spanish/English) preferred