Our Lady of Lourdes
Job Title: Groundskeeper Exemption Status: Non-exempt
Department/Location: Our Lady of Lourdes Parish / Benson, AZ
Primary Function: Under the direction of the Pastor, Business Manager or other assigned manager, is responsible for performing a variety of grounds keeping duties including light maintenance and custodial duties
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform in support of the Parish, School, and the Church’s spiritual and pastoral mission.
- Abide by Catholic principles in the Employee's professional and private life, and shall govern his/her professional and private life in strict accordance with Catholic morals and principles to demonstrate complete adherence to Catholic moral strictures.
- Perform general parish and school grounds keeping and custodial duties to include cleaning of Church or school grounds
- Maintain parish and school grounds keeping and custodial equipment in a functional condition; oversee and recommend replacement of equipment as necessaryKeep grounds neatly manicured to include keeping lawns and shrubbery in a presentable condition
- Maintain records of grounds maintenance performed as necessary
- Maintain an updated an inventory of equipment an supplies used; be accountable for their security
- Maintain supply of cleaning equipment and supplies; maintain an inventory of all equipment and supplies; account for all inventory and equipment
- Comply with chemical handling laws and safety regulations as required
- Maintain a safe working environment
- Maintain security of buildings, equipment, and tools
- Perform other duties as assigned
Physical/Mental Requirements: Requires coordination and manual dexterity, normal mental and visual ability; ability to lift as required in a normal grounds-keeping and custodial environment.
Required Activities: Walking; sitting; standing; stooping; reaching, talking; handling; hearing; carrying; climbing ladders.
- Must have a working knowledge of and a strong commitment to the mission of the Diocese and Catholic Church; must be in full communion with the Church
- Excellent communications skills, verbal and written; excellent human relations and interpersonal skills
- Must exercise courtesy to fellow employees, parishioners and the public
- Must be a self-starter; well organized; perform multiple tasks simultaneously and work with a sense of urgency
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment; punctuality is a must at all times; ability to travel locally as required; weekend and overtime work may be required
- A thorough knowledge of the use of the tools and equipment associated with grounds keeping, custodial work and general maintenance.
- Proficiency in the use of gas powered mowers and other related equipment and hand tools.
- Basic working knowledge of irrigation systems and related maintenance
- Possess a valid Arizona driver’s license
- Ability to successfully pass a background, criminal history
- Professional bearing; clean and neat personal appearance
Education and Experience:
- High school graduate or equivalent education
- One year’s experience in grounds keeping, maintenance, or similar environment
- Bi-lingual (English/Spanish) preferred