St. Mark the Evangelist Parish
Job Title: Maintenance Technician I Exemption Status: Non-exempt
Department/Location: St. Mark the Evangelist Parish, Oro Valley, AZ
Primary Function: Under the direction of the Pastor, Administrator, Business Manager or Office Manager is responsible for performing a variety of maintenance duties in a parish, school, or other facility.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform in support of the Church’s spiritual and pastoral mission
- Shall abide by Catholic principles in the employee’s professional and private life, and shall govern his/her professional and private life in strict accordance with Catholic morals and principles to demonstrate complete adherence to Catholic moral strictures;
- Perform general facility and grounds maintenance duties to include cleaning and maintenance of Church, school, or other facilities
- Maintain parish and/or school equipment including cafeteria, kitchen, restrooms and other facilities in a functional condition; recommend and oversee replacement of equipment as necessary
- Maintain records of maintenance performed as necessary
- Maintain a supply of and account for cleaning supplies and equipment; maintain an adequate inventory at all times
- Comply with chemical handling laws and safety regulations as required; maintain a safe working environment
- Maintain security of buildings, equipment, and tools
- Perform other duties as assigned
Physical/Mental Requirements: Requires coordination and manual dexterity, normal mental and visual ability; ability to lift as required in a normal maintenance environment.
Required Activities: Walking; sitting standing; stooping; reaching; talking; handling; hearing; carrying; lifting; and climbing ladders.
- Must have a working knowledge of and a strong commitment to the mission of the Diocese and Catholic Church; if a baptized Catholic must be in full communion with the Catholic Church.
- Excellent communications skills, verbal and written; excellent human relations and interpersonal skills
- Exercise courtesy to fellow employees, parishioners and the general public
- Must be a self-starter; well organized; perform multiple tasks simultaneously and work with a sense of urgency
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment; punctuality is a must at all times; ability to travel locally as required; weekend and overtime work may be required
- Proficiency in computer technology
- Professional bearing; clean and neat personal appearance
- Ability to successfully pass a background, criminal history, and credit history check
- A thorough knowledge of the use of the tools and equipment associated with general maintenance
- Working knowledge of heating and cooling equipment; small appliance maintenance; plumbing and fixtures; electricity
- Basic working knowledge of electricity and other utilities
- Possess a valid Arizona driver’s license
Education and Experience:
- High School Graduate or equivalent
- 2 years’ experience in a maintenance or similar environment
- Bi-lingual (English/Spanish) preferred