Emerge! Center Against Domestic Abuse
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Emergency Services On Call
at Emerge! Center Against Domestic Abuse
Emergency Services On Call
- This is a very flexible position which does not have a regular schedule. Employees in this position help cover shifts for scheduled and unscheduled absences at our emergency shelter and/or at our hotline location.
- On-Call employees are expected to work a minimum of one (1) shift per week but may work up to 40 hours in a given week when coverage needs are high.
- On-Call employees may know what shifts they will be working with advance notice (up to 2 or 3 weeks). In the event of unexpected absences; On-Call employees may be notified on the same day.
- The ideal candidate would have availability during the week and on weekends to help cover shifts during the day, evenings and overnights shifts as needed. Availability for partial shifts will not be considered.
- Training/shadowing for these positions is held primarily during daytime hours and on weekdays for up to a two (2) month period prior to covering shifts on an on-call basis.
Please note: for consideration for this position, applicants must include a completed On-Call Application Addendum with their Emerge! Employment Application. The links are included on our website for an electronic version or hard copy version to suit your needs. Thank you.
Emerge! Center Against Domestic Abuse provides domestic abuse intervention and prevention services, and is the largest domestic abuse service provider in Southern Arizona.
We’re committed to making our community a safer place for everyone. Join us!
In this position you will
- Respond to hotline calls, providing crisis counseling, information and resources
- Provide emotional safety and support to program clients and their children living in an emergency shelter
- Help meet basic needs and support the immediate needs of clients who are recent survivors of domestic abuse
ESSENTIAL DUTIES - Hotline
- Provide hotline callers with crisis intervention, safety planning, information and referrals, domestic abuse education and emotional support as appropriate
- Conduct assessments to determine immediate needs
- Conduct basic mental health screenings and facilitate immediate intervention when appropriate
- Facilitate services under the Lethality Assessment Program with law enforcement agencies including lethality assessments
- Refer to Emerge! programs as appropriate and/or other community services
- Manage and document emergency situations and notify appropriate employees
- Supervise, train and monitor related volunteers as needed
- Provides information and referral to Emerge! programs as appropriate and/or other community services
- Ensure access to shelter for clients who do not need or meet the criteria for the Emerge! shelter by tracking availability of beds available through other community shelters
- Provide follow up calls to clients to ensure access to services and information related to lay legal needs and housing support and other services as needed
ESSENTIAL DUTIES – Emergency Shelter
- Provide life skills education, and coaching to clients to support the healthy integration into the communal living environment of shelter
- Monitor clients self-administration of medications
- Support clients interactions and provides guidance or crisis intervention as needed
- Focus on building community among shelter clients by actively assisting and engaging clients in the shelter environment through the provision of support in accessing the computer, food activities, contributions, and other daily program activities
- Perform health and safety check rounds periodically throughout shift and monitors all areas of the facility for upkeep, supplies and maintenance needs and informs appropriate employees of needs
ESSENTIAL DUTIES – All Locations
- Responsible for implementing all programmatic and agency protocols as directed
- Maintain appropriate employee/client boundaries
- Must have the ability to travel between shelter site and hotline main office
- Associate degree in Social Services or related field, Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Two years of experience in Social Services
- or an equivalent combination of education and/or experience
- Trauma related work experience preferred
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred
- Appropriate fingerprint clearance through the Arizona Department of Public Safety
- CPR/First Aid certification
- Valid Arizona Driver License and proof of automobile insurance
(No action is needed to acquire fingerprint clearance or CPR/1st Aid prior to possible employment and Emerge! will cover expenses upon employment.)
- Knowledge of the dynamics of domestic violence
- Knowledge of the impact of trauma
- Ability to think critically and general solutions
- Ability to assess potential crisis situations and take appropriate action
- Ability to network efficiently with other agency personnel
- Work effectively as a team member
- Ability to work well independently and be self-motivated
- Effective time management skills
- Excellent written and oral skills
- Highly organized and able to multi-task
- Proficient computer skills including e-mail, calendars, document processing, spreadsheets and databases
- Must be able to sit or stand for long periods of time
- Must be able to express or exchange ideas by means of the spoken word to impart oral information to clients or to the public and to convey detailed spoken instructions to other workers accurately or quickly
- Provide CPR/First Aid
- Must be able to lift up to fifty pounds
Emerge! is an equal opportunity employer
To be considered for an open position at Emerge! please submit a fully completed Emerge! application. Your resume with a completed application is welcome.
Instructions for application submission:
To submit via email, download and save the application to your computer BEFORE you complete it, Open the PDF from the location you saved it to on your computer and fill out the PDF. Make sure to save your changes often. Attach the completed application it to your email and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To submit via mail, print completed application and address envelopes to:
Emerge! Center Against Domestic Abuse
2545 E. Adams St.
Tucson, AZ 85716
To submit via fax, print the completed application and fax to 520.795.1559.
Thank you for your interest in Emerge! Center Against Domestic Abuse.