Emerge! Center Against Domestic Abuse
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Overnight Crisis Specialist
at Emerge! Center Against Domestic Abuse
Thursday through Saturday 10:00 pm to 8:00 am*
30 hours/week - Full-time & Benefits eligible
Bilingual (English/Spanish) Required
* Training/shadowing for this position is held primarily during daytime hours and on weekdays (which may differ from shift noted above) for up to a two (2) month period prior to covering the shift noted above. There is also a once a month 2-hour training held on the 4th Thursday of each month during daytime hours.
This position ensures the efficient overnight operations of the emergency shelter while ensuring safety and support for participants. This position also provides hotline callers with crisis intervention, safety planning, information and referrals, domestic abuse education and emotional support as appropriate.
Emerge! Center Against Domestic Abuse provides domestic abuse crisis intervention and housing, prevention and education, and support and advocacy services to anyone experiencing domestic abuse. Emerge! is the largest domestic abuse shelter and provider of domestic abuse prevention and abuse programs in Southern Arizona.
We’re committed to making our community a safer place to live, work, and play.
- Monitor and reports the activities of participants in a twenty-four hour facility
- Provide for the security of the facility and safety of the participants and informs appropriate employees of concerns or needs. Perform security rounds periodically throughout shift
- Monitor all areas of the facility for upkeep, supplies and maintenance needs and informs appropriate staff of needs
- Manages and documents emergency situations and notifies appropriate employees
- Assists participants in using the computer, food activities, daily chores, and other daily program activities
- Support participants as needed with access to the kitchen and food
- Maintain the organization of all refrigerators, freezers and pantry
- Assist participants in understanding the communal living guidelines of the program
- Monitor participants interactions and provides guidance or crisis intervention as needed
- Provide hotline callers with crisis intervention, safety planning, information and referrals, domestic abuse education and emotional support as appropriate
- Conduct assessments to determine immediate needs and if appropriate Emerge! services based on callers request
- Conduct basic mental health screenings and facilitate immediate intervention when appropriate
- Facilitate services under the Lethality Assessment Program with law enforcement agencies including lethality assessments
- Attends all meetings and trainings as required
- Associate degree, Bachelor degree preferred
- Two years related experience in the social service field and/or in the area of domestic violence
- Or an equivalent combination of education and/or experience
- Trauma related work experience preferred
- Bilingual (English/Spanish)
- Ability to assess potential crisis situations and take appropriate action
- Ability to network efficiently with other agency employees and work effectively as a team member
- Ability to work well independently and be self-motivated
- Excellent written and oral skills
- Organized and able to multi-task
- Proficient computer skills including e-mail, calendars, document processing, spreadsheets and databases
- Appropriate fingerprint clearance through the Arizona Department of Public Safety
- CPR/First Aid certification
- Valid Arizona Driver License and proof of automobile insurance
(No action is needed to acquire fingerprint clearance or CPR/1st Aid prior to possible employment and Emerge! will cover expenses upon employment.)
- Must be able to sit or stand for long periods of time
- Must be able to express or exchange ideas by means of the spoken word to impart oral information to clients or to the public and to convey detailed spoken instructions to other workers accurately or quickly
- Provide CPR/First Aid
- Must be able to lift up to fifty pounds
Emerge! is an equal opportunity employer
To be considered for an open position at Emerge! please submit a fully completed Emerge! application. Your resume with a completed application is welcome.
Instructions for application submission:
To submit via email, download and save the application to your computer BEFORE you complete it, Open the PDF from the location you saved it to on your computer and fill out the PDF. Make sure to save your changes often. Attach the completed application it to your email and send it to email@example.com.
To submit via mail, print completed application and address envelopes to:
Emerge! Center Against Domestic Abuse
2545 E. Adams St.
Tucson, AZ 85716
To submit via fax, print the completed application and fax to 520.795.1559.
Thank you for your interest in Emerge! Center Against Domestic Abuse.