La Frontera EMPACT
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Birth to Five Specialist
at La Frontera EMPACT
EMPACT-SPC (Suicide Prevention Center), a member agency of La Frontera Arizona, is an industry leading non-profit organization dedicated to providing valued community services and resources for behavioral health counseling, crisis intervention, and suicide prevention since 1987. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We are seeking a Birth to five Specialist to interact in the community with families and children as a liaison. This individual will conduction sessions of observation and assessment to infants and children age birth to five. Utilize assessments created and outcomes of the child and family team process to create access to comprehensive, community based educational and therapeutic services to children as well as this families. Will also provide direct clinical service, education, support and assessment to the birth to five population. In addition, utilizing tools and skills to assist children and families in the birth-5 population attain resources essential to developing. As well as training and consultation within department and clinical teams serving population.
Skill / Requirements
- Must have Bachelor’s degree. Course of Study: Psychology, counseling, and social work, or directly related field OR any combination education/experience that meets BHT requirements as stipulated by AZDHS/BHS.
- Must have knowledge of Infant/Toddler Development and/or Early Care and Education or other standards for birth to five.
- Must have good clinical report writing ability and knowledge of basic computer applications and Electronic Health Record.
- Good time management skills and ability to work independently.
- Provide direct clinical service, education, support and assessment to the birth to five population.
- In addition, utilizing tools and skills to assist children and families in the birth-5 population attain resources essential for development.
- Knowledge of CFT process and Arizona 12 Principles preferred.
- Must have a valid AZ driver's license, with no infractions for the past 3 years so you will be approved by our insurance carrier for liability insurance.
- Must have regular access to reliable transportation.
- Bi-lingual (Spanish) Diff per hour available.
Additional Requirements and Responsibilities:
- Demonstrated ability to remain calm in crisis situations, work independently and cooperatively, recognize personal limitations, and relate positively and with empathy to all persons regardless of age, race, creed, gender or sexual orientation.
- Maintain professional conduct consistent with ethical professional practice and the policies and procedures of the agency.
- Maintain a professional demeanor and positive working relationships with internal and external team members, stakeholders, and community and business partners.
- If driving while on agency time or on agency business, a valid Arizona driver license and appropriate liability insurance and approval for liability coverage with EMPACT - SPC’s liability insurance carrier is required.