La Frontera EMPACT
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Eligibility Benefits Specialist - Tempe Children's Center
at La Frontera EMPACT
La Frontera EMPACT-SPC (Suicide Prevention Center), a member agency of La Frontera Arizona, is an industry leading non-profit organization dedicated to providing valued community services and resources for behavioral health counseling, crisis intervention, and suicide prevention since 1987. We are an EEO/AA Employer.
EMPACT-SPC is looking for a Eligibility Benefits Specialist for our Tempe (TCC) location with previous experience in an outpatient behavioral health setting, health care provider office or similar environment that can represent our agency professionally, treat our clients with respect and in a caring manner. The Eligibility Benefits Specialist verifies insurance benefits and eligibility to assure insurance coverage for services provided, analyzes benefit issues and recommends course of action, assist clients with AHCCCS eligibility and enrollment, verifies & updates demographic information in the electronic health record, assist on special projects as needed.
Skill / Requirements
- Minimum of a High School education (diploma) or GED Knowledge of Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) and maintaining confidentiality of protected health information.
- Strong attention to detail and communication skills are required.
- Computer skills including proficiency in Microsoft Office suite and experience using electronic health records (EHR) is required.
- Prior experience working in a community behavioral health or health care setting is preferred.
- Bilingual (Spanish) preferred.
- Must be eligible to obtain a Fingerprint Clearance Card or have one already