Gibsons Restaurant Group
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Gibsons Restaurant Group
The Payroll Specialist is responsible for activities related to processing high volume, multi-state payroll with both weekly and bi-weekly processing deadlines for hourly associates and salaried management. This role requires working knowledge of voluntary payroll deductions, banking information, federal and state withholding's and other critical employee payroll matters. This position requires mandatory attendance on payroll processing days.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Process bi-weekly and weekly payrolls, including but not limited to: verifying hours, calculating OT and retro pay; processing benefit deductions; direct deposit set up
- Process payments to 1099-Contractors
- Process stop payments and reissues of lost payroll checks and direct deposit reversals; investigate and resolve all payroll discrepancies in a timely and accurate manner
- Provide ad-hoc payroll or job/salary reports for HR, operations, accounting or other departments as requested
- Handle employment verifications and respond to various state or federal agency requests for payroll information
- Conduct regular system audits and data cleanup of HRIS
- Respond to numerous daily email and phone inquiries
- Act as a Functional Expert and Power User to the organization in all Payroll/HCM applications. Test and approve system configuration changes.
- Assist Accounting Dept. with payroll/1099 reporting
- Demonstrate extraordinary attention to detail, while maintaining an overall view of the situation and the "big picture".
- Ensure documentation is current on all new and existing payroll applications and processes.
- Assist in Onboarding and New Hire process by approving final packets for new hires and sending them to payroll/web pay.
- Propose, document, and implement new or revised processes to improve data integrity and promote the consistent use of data.
- Provide frequent and clear communications regarding the status of initiatives, keeping management informed of changes and work that is in progress.
- Maintain and update vacation schedule for hourly and salaried staff
- Special projects as needed and/or as assigned
APPLY ONLINE @ WWW.QHIRE.NET/GIBSONS
WE ARE AN E-VERIFY EMPLOYER
Skill / Requirements
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor degree in Accounting or Business Administration or related field preferred
- Experience with Paylocity preferred
- Minimum 2 years payroll experience
- Advanced Microsoft Excel required
- Experience with processing large payrolls
- Multi-state experience preferred
- Restaurant industry payroll processing preferred
- Bi-lingual Spanish preferred
- Ability to work in a team and communicate effectively with employees at all levels
- Strong, demonstrated analytical and strategic skills
- Ability to analyze data from provided reports and determine necessary action
- Must be a self-starter with ability to work independently and with a team
- Demonstrated leadership
- Ability to process high volume work load
- Effectively manage time and prioritize work load