Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Instructional Design Specialist
at GM Financial
- Requisition ID
- Employee Type
- Full Time-Regular
- Customer Experience / Customer Service
The Instructional Design Specialist (ISD) will assess training needs, design, develop and maintain multi-functional curricula to drive a customer-focused and experience-driven learning culture across GMF International Operations (IO). This position is key to the standardization and alignment of the GMF IO vision to deliver better customer experiences by equipping employees through an integrated approach to employee on-boarding, job-skills, on-going and developmental learning experiences.
- Work with interdisciplinary teams that include employees, management, SMEs and other stakeholders to conduct needs analysis to:
- Determine source of performance gaps
- Identify task requirements
- Define project mission, goals, tasks, and resource requirements
- Utilize sound instructional design and adult learning methodologies to create and maintain course materials for key functional areas, roles, and initiatives to support GMF IO employees.
- Create courses and materials in a variety of delivery methods including: eLearning, classroom, webinar, self-study, job aids, and animated video.
- Integrate a customer centric way of delivering service in all courses
- Ensure appropriate training evaluation measures are employed in each course (up to and including business impact and return on investment).
- Maintain strict confidentiality of all information.
- Periodic travel may be required. (<10%)
- Bachelor’s degree
- Preferred areas of study include: Instructional Design, Learning and Curriculum Development, Human Resources Development, Technical Writing, English, Graphic Design, or similar
- Preferred language: Spanish
- eLearning content development: 3 years
- Intructor-led content development: 2 years
- Experience with Microsoft Office (i.e. Word and PowerPoint), and learning management systems (LMS)
Certifications or special training required:
Experience following the ADDIE model, instructional design processes, and adult learning principles, specifically:
- Training needs analysis
- Design and development of
- Instructor-led training
- Virtual training (webinar)
- eLearning (experience using Articulate 360)
- Self-study aids
- Job aids
- Assessments (Kirkpatrick levels 1-4)
Skills & Knowledge:
- Experience in the financial services industry and operational related positions
- Experience with customer service excellence initiatives
- Experience working with multi-functional and/or multi-cultural teams
- Excellent oral, written, and presentation skills
- Excellent visual design skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to create and maintain work relationships
- Demonstrate interpersonal skills in order to effectively communicate with project teams and stakeholders
- Strong analytic and problem solving skill set
- Strong project management skill set
Please note that some countries have additional requirements (i.e. mobility requirements, language specifications, legal/migratory specifications, etc.) that might not be listed above. If you are applying internally and want to know more about these requirements please contact TalentAcquisition.SupportIO@gmfinancial.com before submitting your application.