Great Local Employer
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Sr. Staff Accountant
at Great Local Employer
A Phoenix based Auto Finance and Lending Company is seeking an experienced, detail-oriented & motivated Accountant. We are an established organization offering a challenging work environment, servicing a wide variety of customers and industries. Responsibilities and qualifications included below.
We are looking for a highly motivated accountant/bookkeeper with at least 5 years experience with general ledger entry, payroll, A/P, and A/R. The right candidate will work well in a team environment, highly organized, be able to manage multiple projects simultaneously, and have experience working with management. We are also looking for someone with experience in the automotive industry and/or financing and lending.
Experience with HR procedures is a plus. *Spanish speaking also a plus.
Core competencies include working with Quickbooks, Peachtree, or similar accounting software. Proficiency in bank-register reconciliations, transaction coding, and a firm understanding of financial statements is necessary.
- Accounts Payable Experience
- Understanding and posting general ledger transactions
- Internal Auditing of various divisions within the company
- Payroll Processing Oversight (PAYROLL EXPERIENCE A MUST, experience with a third party payroll service such as ADP or Paychecks a plus)
- Experience with A/P and A/R
- Management Experience preferred
- Assist Controller with special projects
- Post Checks & Reconcile Bank Statements
- Administrative/HR support duties as needed
- Auditing of certain department functions
Skill / Requirements
- Peachtree or QuickBooks Software Experience a MUST.
- Familiarity with Account Mate a plus
- Good understanding of Financial Statements
- Organized, detailed, accurate
- Assertive, confident
- Proficient with Microsoft Office
- Meets deadlines
- Works well under stress / pressure
- Able to prioritize / take direction if needed
- Hard working, driven – able to work alone or as part of a team
- Experience in Finance and/or Banking & Lending
- Spanish speaking a plus
- Rewards & Benefits
- Paid Vacations, Paid Holidays, Growing Earned Paid Time off.
- Schedule: Full-Time, 5-day work week, great hours!
- Compensation: It’s Great! Direct Deposit, Aggressively pay for experience, and Flex Bonus Structures where you determine your income From YOUR production.
- Benefits: We offer nationally accepted Medical, Dental, Vision, coverage and Accident, Hospital Indemnity, Long-Term Disability, Voluntary Life Insurance plans and Company provided Life Insurance after 60 days of employment. Participation in our 401k includes a 3% employer match.
- Your Future: We promote a unique, competitive and fun work environment. Coupled along with highly motivated career oriented type individuals this is a great place to work and grow. After all it’s not a just a job it’s a career!!
- We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Hiring is contingent upon successful completion of a criminal background check, reference checks, employment verification, degree verification or certification as applicable. As well as, your ability to provide employment eligibility documentation to work in the United States as required by federal law,
Principals only. Recruiters please don't contact this job poster.
Please, no phone calls about this job!
Please do not contact job poster about other services, products or commercial interests.