Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Parent Partner - Community Services for Families (Temporary Position)
at Home Start
Home Start, a leader in providing child abuse prevention and family strengthening services in San Diego County for over 46 years, is seeking a Parent Partner for the Community Services for Families Program in East county. The parent partner will provide support and peer mentoring to Child Welfare Services (CWS) referred parents in East San Diego County.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide accurate information about CWS and the roles of social work staff and interns to parents involved in Dependency and Voluntary Services in the County’s Child Welfare System
- Meet weekly with parents in their home or other locations as required to provide education and support
- Attend Team Decision Making meetings with parents that have been referred for service
- Participate in CWS work groups and committees as requested by the COTR (Contracting Officer’s Technical Representative) of the CSF Contract
- Complete intakes and maintain accurate and timely uniform documentation on all families
- Assist parents to locate and access resources in the communities where they reside
- Complete initial core Parent Support Partner Training through Family & Youth Roundtable
- Work collaboratively and cooperatively with Child Welfare Services and CSF staff and interns and volunteers and the community
- Participate in all required trainings, meetings and supervisions
- Maintain confidentiality and privacy standards of protected health information and other applicable information and material in accordance to agency policies, and applicable regulations and laws, including HIPAA.
Skill / Requirements
High School Diploma required. Must have been involved with CWS and been successfully reunited with their children a minimum of one year ago. Some experience working in a human services organization preferred. Bilingual in Spanish preferred. Knowledge of East County a plus.
Home Start is proud to be recognized as one of the 50 Best NonProfits to Work For in 2012, 2011 and 2010 from the NonProfit Times Nationwide program; one of San Diego's 50 Best Places to Work from the San Diego Business Journals 10th Annual Best Places to Work program; a 2012 and 2011 Medallion winner in the San Diego SHRM Workplace Excellence Awards; and a 2013 finalist in the U-T San Diego Top Work Places,