Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
School Services Case Manager - Temporary
at Home Start
Home Start, founded in 1972, is seeking an experienced individual to provide case management and supportive services on a full-time temporary basis.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conducts family assessments consistent with program requirements.
- Provides safety planning, education, support and case management services to family’s referred by partner school districts including identification of families’ needs and goals.
- Provides services to clients including, but not limited to supportive counseling, crisis intervention, mentoring, and assistance with completing applications for public assistance.
- Teaches and demonstrates goal setting and decision making.
- Provides support to families in identifying and obtaining community and COVID
- Maintains a flexible working schedule to accommodate families’ schedule.
- Maintains accurate and timely case records documenting all services provided.
- Maintains monthly reporting and data entry as required by the contract.
- Monitors participants’ progress in developing skills needed to assure positive outcomes
- Assures security of confidential information and materials.
- Networks and develops relationships with various community service agencies.
- Attends agency, program and collaborative meetings as assigned.
- Accepts direction and reports to team leader for direct supervision.
- Attends and participates in training as appropriate
Skill / Requirements
A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in social work, psychology, education and/or related human services field. Demonstrated experience in case management, child abuse, trauma informed support, domestic violence, low income, family-based services and/or commensurate experience may qualify. Knowledge: Knowledge of community resources. Abilities: Demonstrated ability to be culturally sensitive and respect diversity. Ability to provide support, structure, empathy, sound judgement and insight into human behavior and family relations. Skills: Effective communication skills. Must be a team player and be able to work independently. Computer literate as appropriate. Bilingual in Spanish or Arabic preferred. Other Requirements: Must have a valid California driver’s license, insurance and a reliable vehicle and be willing to use it on the job.