Integrated Medical Services
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Medical Assistant General Surgery
at Integrated Medical Services
Integrated Medical Services (IMS) is a physician-led organization united through its providers’ commitment to high-quality, innovative health care. The multi-specialty group has primary care and most specialties well represented throughout the Phoenix metropolitan area and many rural locations.
IMS is currently seeking a full-time Medical Assistant for our busy General Surgery Practice. This person will travel weekly between multiple locations with our new General Surgeon.
Essential Job Functions
- Prepares patient for exam and treatment by taking and recording vital signs, symptoms and other necessary measurements and recording chief complaint; documents pain scores as appropriate and charts in electronic medical record accurately and efficiently. Reports condition of patient which may be indicative of change in the patient's condition to the clinician. Assists providers with exams and minor in office procedures and acts as chaperone as needed.
- Performs a variety of office-based testing and treatments related to patient care under the supervision of a clinician, including but not limited to injections, aspirations, and other procedures as needed. May administer medications in accordance with established policies and procedures or as directed. Uses universal sterile techniques and personal protective equipment as needed at all times to ensure compliance with OSHA regulations.
- Coordinates and manages patient care including pre-certifications, referrals, authorizations, prescriptions and scheduling of patients for clinic, hospital and other ancillary medical treatments and tests. Responsible for communicating test results, patient instruction regarding durable medical equipment and home exercise programs to patient, where directed. Acts as a resource to clinical and non-clinical staff in order to provide optimal patient care.
- Provides clerical support with patient/client notification and documentation, to include but not limited to complete medical records including labs, authorizations, X-Rays, hospital records and any previous care pertaining to each patient visit. Provides complete and accurate information necessary for billing related to the patient encounter in a timely fashion. Other duties to include scheduling follow up appointments with patients.
- At least 5+ years experience as a General Surgery MA preferred
- Basic Lifesaving (BLS) certification
- Bilingual in Spanish preferred.
- Excellent communication skills-both written and verbal
- Good computer skills and being familiar with Microsoft (Word and Excel)
- EMR experience a plus - Preferably Athena
- Must be a quick learner and open to change
- Some Traveling is required.
- IMS is a tobacco free workplace.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Completion of Medical Assistant program from an accredited school, or passage of the Medical Assistant examination.
- CPR certified
- Experience with office medical procedures and treatments and knowledge of insurance, managed care operations, EMR and scheduling software.
- At least one year of experience as a Medical Assistant in General Surgery.
Great compensation and benefits package to include: medical, dental, vision, long-term and short-term disability, 401k and more!