Jewish Family and Children's Service
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
High Needs Case Manager - Child (Glendale)
at Jewish Family and Children's Service
- Job ID
- # Positions
- Behavioral Health/Social Work
Provide ongoing case management services to clients, families and/or children with intense needs. Perform out-of-office case management services and administrative tasks in accordance with agency procedures and the Arizona Principles for working with children and families and adult clinical teams. Performs duties out in the community and expected to provide transportation, when necessary, to children/youth/clients and coordinate transportation services, as appropriate.
- Ability to be credentialed and privileged at a minimum of BHT level for clinical liaison is preferred.
- Experience with behavioral health and integrated health to include coordinating services for behavioral health and coordination of care with physical health care providers, as appropriate.
- Bilingual in Spanish preferred.
- Experience with medical social work preferred.
- Ability to recognize child, family, client strengths and to state strengths in functional terms.
- Working knowledge of all ADHS Practice Protocols for serving children and families and adults in a clinical team setting.
- Knowledge of primary child/adolescent psychiatric disorders as described in the ICD 9 and DSM IV.
- Ability to work comfortably in a clinical team setting with the family/client’s home and community.
- Familiarity with P.M. Section 5.1 Notice Requirements and Appeal Process for Title XIX and Title XXI Eligible persons; and P.M. Section 5.2 Member Complaints.
- Knowledge of techniques and approaches to identify the child’s/family’s, adult’s underlying, unmet needs and can differentiate needs from services.
- Must possess the skills necessary for the successful facilitation of a Child and Family Team/Adult Clinical Team, i.e. reframing, active listening, modeling pro social behavior.
- Knowledge of T/RBHAs barrier resolution process.
- Familiarity with RBHA specific processes for P.M. Section 3.17. Transition of Persons and Practice Protocol on Transitioning to Adult Services.
- Organizational abilities to maintain communication, coordination, and connections with all Child and Family Team/Clinical Team participants. Demonstrated experience using the following skills:
Bachelor’s Degree in a behavioral health related field preferred
- Organization and follow-through
- Monitoring the delivery of services identified in client ISP to ensure integrity and effectiveness of the ISP
- Documenting into the medical record in accordance with contractual medical record standard
- Recognizing and seeking clinical consultation when clinically appropriate
- Developing and supporting the implementation of crisis and safety plans as clinically indicated
- Taking into account the cultural preferences of the child/family/client
Have reliable transportation