J.O. Combs Unified School District
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at J.O. Combs Unified School District
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High School Diploma or equivalent and a 2-year college degree (AA from an accredited institution), 60 credits toward a 4-year degree or successful completion of the ParaPro Assessment.
- Ability to communicate and work effectively with staff, students and the public.
- Good organizational skills.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret educational documents.
- Bilingual Spanish Preferred
The Paraprofessional will support the Principal and classroom teachers to ensure that curriculum and school programs for English Learners are implemented in a way to maximize student learning experiences.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Work with identified English Language students per the direction of site administration.
- Administer AZELLA Placement & Reassessment tests and maintain appropriate EL student records.
- Provide instructional support based on identified student needs in collaboration with the assigned classroom teacher.
- Promote and maintain confidentiality regarding records and documentation.
- Work as a team member to implement strategies, activities and techniques for English language acquisition in reading, writing, speaking and listening.
- Assess learning outcomes in collaboration with classroom teachers and EL Content Coach, using various methods to monitor the effectiveness of teaching strategies.
- Adapt curriculum as a member of a collaborative team to meet the needs of the students.
- Attend professional development as appropriate.
- Assist educational staff with other duties as assigned.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, sit and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls and reach with hands and arms, stand, bend, stoop, kneel or crouch. The employee is frequently required to climb, balance, push or pull. The employee is occasionally required to taste or smell. The employee is frequently required to move about the campus. The employee must regularly lift and/or move 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to outdoor weather conditions including extreme heat or cold and dusty and/or windy conditions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Salary Schedule: Support Staff Initial Salary Placement Range G
Benefits: As per District policy
Contract: 9 months, 190 days
Hours: 27.5 weekly
Reports to: Principal, Teacher, or EL Content Coach
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Notice of Non-Discrimination
J.O. Combs Unified School District #44 does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, disability, age or sexual orientation in admission and access to its programs, services, activities, or in any aspect of their operations and provides equal access to the Boy Scouts and other designated youth groups. J.O. Combs Unified School District #44 also does not discriminate in its hiring or employment practices. The following employees have been designated to handle inquiries regarding the nondiscrimination policies: Compliance Officer for Title IX , Athletic Director, 2505 E. Germann Road, San Tan Valley, AZ 85140 or 480-882-3540 and Compliance Officer for Section 504/ADA, Director of Student Services, 301 E. Combs Road, San Tan Valley, AZ 85140 or 480-987-5300.
J.O. Combs Unified School District #44 no discrimina en base a la raza, el color, la religión, el origen nacional, el sexo, la discapacidad, la edad, o la orientación sexual para la admisión y su acceso a sus programas, servicios, actividades, o en cualquier aspecto de sus operaciones y proporciona un acceso igualitario a los Boys Scouts y otro grupos de jóvenes designados. J.O. Combs Unified School District #44 tampoco discrimina en sus prácticas de empleo y contratación. Los siguientes empleados han sido designados para manejar las preguntas en cuanto a las polízas de no discriminación: Funcionario de Cumplimiento de Título IX, Director Atlético 2505 E. Germann Road, San Tan Valley, AZ 85140 or 480-882-3540 and Funcionario de Cumplimiento para la Sección 504/ADA, Director de Servicios Estudiantiles, 301 E. Combs Road, San Tan Valley, AZ 85140 or 480-987-5300.
Job Contact Information
Wednesday, January 15, 2020 12:00 AM
(Pacific Standard Time)