Central Arizona Shelter Services
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Teacher - Toddler ll
at Central Arizona Shelter Services
Job Summary: Provide quality care and education to children ages two to three years old.
Comply with all Arizona Department of Health Services (DHS) licensing standards, and Quality First and National Accreditation Commission guidelines including:
Provide quality care and education
- Establish and maintain a positive, nurturing learning environment
- Develop and implement lesson plans in keeping with developmental milestones and assessments of each assigned child.
Support child development
- Use a formal assessment tool to monitor and record individual children’s development status and progress.
- Inform parents of child’s activities, behaviors, and progress during time in care.
- Discuss any developmental concerns identified in a child with Program Manager and participate in the plan for follow-up with the parent(s).
- Report suspicion of child abuse or neglect to the Program Manager and the Department of Child Safety (DCS).
Perform administrative and cleaning duties
- Maintain daily attendance rosters, meal counts, diapering logs, medicine logs, Sunshine, Reports, Ouch Reports, emergency contact information, and other records as required by DHS.
- Ensure parents complete the daily sign-in/out sheets correctly.
- Ensure the classrooms, bathrooms, and outdoor areas are clean/sanitized and free from hazards, and notify Program Manager and Facilities of needed repairs.
- Participate in staff training sessions, meetings, and programs as requested.
- Coordinate efforts of teacher aides, community volunteers, and parent volunteers assigned to the classroom.
- Assist in planning, shopping, preparation and service of meals and snacks in accordance with CACFP guidelines.
- Drive agency vehicle as required
- Perform other duties as required.
Skill / Requirements
- State of Arizona Level One Fingerprint Clearance Card or the ability to obtain one.
- Associate degree in Early Childhood or related area or CDA.
- Minimum of 18 months’ experience providing childcare services to pre-school age children.
- Food Handlers certificate or the ability to obtain one.
- First Aid and CPR certifications or the ability to obtain them.
- Familiar with DHS child care licensing regulations as they pertain to the Toddler ll classroom.
- Basic computer skills
- Bachelor degree in Early Childhood or related area
- Bilingual in English and Spanish
- Experience working with homeless children or low income families
- Possess a valid Arizona driver license and good driving record
Needed Competencies and Proficiencies:
- Written and verbal communication skills; competent in inter-personal conflict resolution.
- Ability to physically and mentally respond appropriately and immediately to unexpected circumstances.
This job primarily operates in an indoor and outdoor classroom environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to; sit on the floor; stoop and bend; stand (up to 95% of the work day); walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee must frequently lift and/or move objects and children up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move objects or children uWork Environment:p to 40 pounds unassisted. The employee must be able to self-transfer and move throughout the classroom environments and facility and between buildings. Close visual acuity to prepare and analyze assessments and other data. Visual acuity and physical ability to operate a motor vehicle.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work:
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are with time allotted for breaks/lunch.
Important Note: CASS offers a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short-term and long-term disability insurance, a retirement plan, paid holidays, paid sick time and a generous PTO. EOE EMPLOYER CASS DRUG TESTS