Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Clinical Systems Integration Analyst III
at Pediatric Associates
Clinical Systems Integration Analyst III FEATURED
PRIMARY FUNCTION: A professional client relations position. This position is an integral part of our applications team responsible for practice integration planning and execution, implementation of clinical applications and systems to include but not limited to EHR, LIS, and other clinical systems. The individual is expected to identify support and migration alternatives for clinical systems (EHR and other systems) into our enterprise ecosystem. Expertise in multiple EHR implementations, data structure, clinic workflow and interfaces are key. Project management skills will be leveraged to identify tasks and dependencies needed to accomplish the migration or integration of new practice clinical systems.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: Indirect project resource accountabilities
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB: (This list may not include all of the duties that may be assigned.)
1. Serves as a subject matter expert for all modules of EHR and related PA standard clinical systems.
2. Assesses and documents target acquisition practice clinical systems. Coordinates or attends meetings to gather requirements.
3. Creates clinical systems integration play book and project plan.
4. Responsible for leading the redesign of workflows and maximizing efficiencies.
5. Obtains buy-in from other parties affected by the changes that are proposed.
6. Works with our software vendors to determine whether requests can be fulfilled, given the current technical tools. If not, prepares enhancement requests, as necessary.
7. Leads major application setup and design within all modules of EHR and other clinical systems.
8. Creates documentation of changes that have been made, and the reasoning behind the decision to make the change.
9. Leads testing and validation for system-wide changes made prior to implementation.
10. Responsible for managing the entire integration and implementation cycle of new standardized PA "Gold Standard" workflows.
11. Analyzes and recommends new features of the software to ensure the software meets the organization’s needs and objectives.
12. Mentors and trains other staff members within the EHR support department.
13. Responsible for development of training and support materials, and conducting training of end-users.
14. Liaise with project stakeholders and clients on an ongoing basis.
15. Creates and maintains documentation outlining how to address identified issues with the software.
16. Maintains in-depth knowledge of the EHR and other clinical systems.
17. Performs site visits to medical offices as needed.
18. Attends occasional evening committee meetings.
19. Other duties as assigned.
TYPICAL WORKING CONDITIONS: Working in an office environment. Involves frequent telephone contact interaction. May require sitting for long periods; also stooping, bending and stretching for files and supplies. Occasionally lifting files, boxes weighing up to 50 pounds. Requires manual dexterity sufficient to operate a keyboard, type at 35 wpm, operate calculator, copier, and such other office equipment as necessary. Must be able to communicate clearly. It is necessary to view and type on computer screens for long periods and to work in a high volume environment.
Adhere to all organizational information security policies and protect all sensitive information including but not limited to ePHI and PHI in accordance with organizational policy, Federal, State, and local regulations.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily, and have the following characteristics:
1. Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
2. Ability to solve problems with a sense of ownership, enthusiasm and innovation.
3. Excellent organizational skills.
4. Demonstrated attention to detail.
5. Ability to work in collaborative environment.
6. Able to meet deadlines with conflicting priorities.
7. Ability to work with minimal supervision and maximum accountability.
8. Must be flexible, self-directed, able to prioritize multiple tasks, able to manage a full workload.
9. Poise, confidence and professional maturity to interface with senior-level executives.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Clinical Informatics, Nursing or other relatable healthcare degree. Master Degree highly desirable.
Licensure/Certification: E-clinical works, Tri-med, Project Management Certification highly desirable.
*Upon hire, and for the duration of the employment period driver’s license must be active and valid.*
Experience: 6 years’ experience supporting an EMR application. Clinical health care experience preferred.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities: Knowledge of EHR and Medical Terminology is preferred but can be trained, strong typing skills, proficient in Microsoft Excel/Word/Outlook/Access, personable and friendly demeanor. High level of written and oral communication in the English language, including the ability to quickly and accurately analyze documentation.