Southwest Human Development
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Family Support Specialist- Kinship Care & Adoptions (HRSS)
at Southwest Human Development
- Job Code
- # of Openings
We are seeking a Family Support Specialist specializing in training and intake procedures in the Foster Care and Adoption program within the Kinship Care and Adoptions division of our agency. Kinship Care and Adoptions works with families who have or will be receiving placement of children who are wards of the court in Arizona, and also from other states through the ICPC (Interstate Compact on the Placement of Children) to be placed with kin in Maricopa County.
Family Support Specialist responsibilities involve training related and intake centered tasks, including but not limited to, knowledge of requirements for foster care licensing and adoption certification, knowledge of the current approved curriculum, ensuring training materials are up to date and readily available, registering participants in training, delivering training curriculum, assisting other FSS in training related inquiries, conducting phone calls or in-person meetings with prospective foster and adoptive families, etc.
Position is offered full-time with an excellent benefits package as noted below. Southwest Human Development is an equal opportunity employer.
Southwest Human Development offers an excellent benefits package for full-time employment to include:
Health insurance (provided at no cost to the employee)
Employee Assistance Program
Flexible spending account
401(k) retirement plan
Paid sick time
Ongoing training and professional development
Supportive, relationship-based supervision model
- Bachelor’s degree in Social Services, Child Development, Health/Nursing or related field required.
- Knowledge of PS-MAPP, Foster Parent College preferred.
- Willingness to work evening and weekend hours preferred.
- Microsoft Word, Windows experience and excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Valid Arizona Fingerprint Clearance Card preferred OR must qualify for a valid Arizona Level One Fingerprint Clearance Card.
- Bilingual English/Spanish preferred.