Kirtland Federal Credit Union
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Kirtland Federal Credit Union
Working at Kirtland FCU is more than a job-it’s a career! We pride ourselves on helping our employees learn, grow, and advance in any direction they choose. We offer a competitive salary, great benefits package and an energetic, vibrant work environment. Visit our careers page on our website to view our exciting opportunities and our fantastic benefits.
We are currently seeking a Collector to join Kirtland Federal Credit Union.
Collector Position Overview: The Collector is responsible for attempts to bring delinquent borrowers current on their loans and to maintain a satisfactory delinquency ratio. Interaction with members, co-workers, attorneys, and other vendors as required. Support and provide exceptional internal and external member service.
Primary Job Duties:
- Determine the best course of action, consistent with collection standards, to increase the collection of payments from delinquent members.
- Obtain from member the reason for delinquency and counsel the member on the various programs that are available when there is a hardship situation.
- Conduct collection efforts respectfully but with persistence and persuasiveness.
- Prepare documents for Attorneys when legal action is required.
- Maintain complete and current knowledge of all federal and state consumer credit collection laws and regulations, i.e. SCRA, FCBA, UCC, BK Laws, FDCPA, TCPA AND FCRA
- Documents all collection actions taken, including telephone conversations, alternative financial arrangements, and correspondence.
- Support the credit union’s mission, vision, strategic goals, quality initiatives and service standards.
Preferred or required qualifications:
- High school diploma or GED required
- 1-3 years of relevant experience preferred
- Thorough knowledge of collection procedures with strong knowledge of loan products such as consumer loans, credit cards, mortgages and vehicle loans preferred
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal)
- Strong multi-tasking and problem-solving skills
- Outstanding customer service skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite
- Bilingual (Spanish) preferred
Kirtland Federal Credit Union offers a comprehensive, generous benefits package:
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement savings program that includes employer match
- Generous Paid Time Off (PTO) Program
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Fitness Reimbursement
- Employee Clothing Loan
- And much more!To apply for this exciting opportunity, visit our careers page at www.kirtlandfcu.org/careers EOE