La Maestra Community Health Centers
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Care Team Specialist- National City
at La Maestra Community Health Centers
Starting Pay: DOE
Location: National City
Hours of Work: TBD (Mon-Fri)
Status/ Hours: Full Time/ Non-Exempt
La Maestra Community Health Centers is seeking Care Team Specialist who will be responsible for greeting patients, clients, and visitors entering the clinic. The check-out staff is also responsible for checking-out patients, becoming familiar with all self-pay and third party insurances, calling patient to confirm their future appointment and creating appointments for patient, connecting them to needed services. Customer service is a core competency for the Care Team specialist.
- Greet patients, clients, and visitors entering the clinic following all organizational customer service guidelines (refer to Customer Service Policy)
- Checks-out the patient following their appointment through NextGen enterprise practice management (EPM) auto flow process, which includes updating the patient’s demographics, checking that the proper insurance was used and scheduling a follow-up appointment.
- Printing out a Patient Plan through the NextGen electronic health record (EHR).
- Creates needed follow up and preventive screening appointments for patients after their visit with the provider
- Answer telephones (includes scheduling appointments) and provide information on Clinic operations following La Maestra’s established Phone Call Etiquette
- Schedule appointments using the PCMH script for all departments and sites and corrects scheduling errors.
- Assign patients to a Primary Care Provider (see PSR Procedures and Protocols) when appropriate
- Always maintain La Maestra’s Phone Call Etiquette (see PSR procedures and Protocols)
- Check clinic voicemail messages and take appropriate action (i.e. call back patient, schedule appointment, forwarding message information to intended recipient, etc.)
- All voicemails are expected to be checked daily
- Determine patient eligibility prior to the patient’s visit. If patient is no longer covered, PSR must inform patient and explain payment options and arrange for payment according to sliding fee scale when appropriate
- Responsible for being familiar with the guidelines and standards of government programs and health insurances the clinic is engaged in and patients’ use, in paying for services.
- Call patients to remind them of scheduled appointment explain what the patient must bring to their appointment (the day prior to the appointment)
- Responsible for calling patients to schedule appointment to capture HEDIS measures. This can vary by department and includes but is not limited to:
- OB: Cervical Cancer and Breast Cancer Screenings, Prenatal and Postpartum Appointments, STI Screenings, and annual physical appointments
- Family Practice: Diabetes Comprehensive Care, Hypertension, Colon Screenings, Cervical Cancer and Breast Cancer Screenings, Annual Physical
- Pediatrics: Immunizations, BMI, Nutrition, Physical Activity, Annual Well Child Exams, and Postpartum appointments for mothers of newborn visits.
- Inputs Referral order into EHR for In House ultrasounds, X-rays, Mammograms and Dexa Scan
- Generates Referrals that are in the referral tab when patient is in Check out
- Generates i2i Reports on a Daily basis to be able to capture missed services at the time of patient visit and sends reminder letters. Also generate HEDIS reports by insurance when appropriate and gives to MAs to complete at time of visit.
- Provides monthly productivity reports to supervisor
- Other functions as directed by the supervisor
- Maintain effective communication and working relationships with other employees and patients
High School Diploma or GED
Strong computer skills
Customer Service skills
Bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred. Familiarity with basic word processing, spreadsheet, and database applications. Accurate keyboarding skills.
Medical Assistant Certificate Preferred
Work involves sitting, talking, hearing, using hands to handle, feel or operate objects, tools, or controls, and reaching with hands and arms. The employee may be required to push, pull, lift, and/or carry up to 20 pounds. Reasonable accommodations may be to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
La Maestra Community Health Centers is an equal opportunity employer and does not
discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender, disability or any other legally protected status.